I am a new member of OpenWetWare!
- Isai Lopez
- Address: 1 LMU Dr. MSB-3424, Los Angeles, CA, 90045
- E-mail me through openwetware
I created this page for class Bioinformatics at LMU.
- School: Loyola Marymount University
- Major: Biology
- Expected Graduation Year: 2017
- Upper Division Courses:
- BIOL 351 General Physiology
- CHEM 370 General Microbiology
- BIOL 318 Principles of Ecology / Lab
- BIOL 368 Bioinformatics Laboratory
- BIOL 398 SS: Plant Biotechnology
- BIOL 398 SS: Vertebrate Field Bio Lab
- BIOL 399 Principles of Ecology Research
- BIOL 449 Immunology
- CHEM 370 Biochemistry
Research and Career Interests
- “California Horn Snail exhibit a bimodal size distribution and size-associated dispersal patterns”
- Mentor: Dr. Victor Carmona, PhD.
- Presentations: Presented in the 2015 LMU Undergraduate Research Symposium. Currently revising manuscript to be sent off to peer review.
- I plan to attend medical school next fall and eventually narrow my work to the fields of emergency medicine, radiology, anesthesiology, or surgery.
Leadership and Relevant Work Experience
- Emergency Room Technician
- Employer: Rideout Emergency Hospital
- Dates: 8/15 - Present
- Responsibilities: Assisting with all aspects of patient care in conjunction with hospital staff (Physicians, nurses, respiratory therapists etc.) and adherence to hospital policies and protocol. I care for the sick and injured, through BLS practices including splinting, bandaging, wound cleaning, and CPR.
- Co-founder and Vice-President of Curis Educatione Iuventutis (CEI)
- Dates: 12/2015 - Present
- Responsibilities: Direct communication with President and all members of CEI in planning events for the semester. I work with LMU staff to come up with ideas for ways to actively engage middle school and high school students and foster an interest in the sciences.
- Assisted in 2016 LMU Special Games
- Assisted LMU faculty in planning and setting up for the 2016 LMU Lion Science Fair
- Attended Alex's Lemonade Stand Inaugural Donor Reception
Hobbies and Interests
- Video Games
- Brazilian Jiu Jitsu
Interests in Biology and Computer Science
- What is your favorite aspect of Biology and why? Understanding how the living cell self-regulates, communicates both internally and with other cells, and adapts to a changing environment. I think looking at the cell as the building blocks that make up all life and how micro interactions create a macro organism is fascinating.
- What is your favorite aspect of Computer Science and why? The flexibility in writing code when creating and editing pages. This affords the user an amazing range of personal freedom in how they customize and present web pages and applications.
Class Homework Links
I worked together with fellow classmate and friend Colin Wikholm both in class and out of class. We met once during class and once out of class we well as communicating at home. We worked on the user page creation portion of the assignment together. *Isai Lopez 23:23, 6 September 2016 (EDT):
- I received help from Dr. Dahlquist in the form of questions in class as well as the first lecture.
- I used the user page syntax of Colin Wikholm in creating my own user page. I also used the template of Matthew Oki in creating my own template.
While I worked with the people noted above, this individual journal entry was completed by me and not copied from another source.
The only outside information given for this assignment comes from Week 1 Assignment