User talk:Isai Lopez
Week 2 Feedback
Here is the feedback on your Week 2 assignment.
- Thank you for completing your assignment on time.
- You need to invoke your template on your individual journal entry so that the links to the assignment, your user page, and category are added automatically.
- You made changes to the Summary field about 95% of the time, keep up the good work!
- You answered most of the questions for the Aipotu Molecular Biology portion. However, you needed to give the amino acid sequences for the alleles as well. You created the pure-breeding purple organism, but could have given a more in depth biological explanation.
- Similarly, your conclusion could have been backed by a little more scientific explanation of what you observed in your modeling.
- Please include a "Data and Files" section for your notebook, even if there are none; you can make that note there.
- Be careful with your wiki syntax. You have extra [ ] around some of your links. Always review the page after saving to catch these mistakes and correct them.
- Overall, a very good first attempt at an electronic notebook. In the future, be sure to explicitly answer all questions from the exercises.
— Kam D. Dahlquist 17:05, 23 September 2016 (EDT)
Week 1 Feedback
Here is the feedback on your Week 1 Assignment. Thank you for completing the the individual assignment on time; it is noted that the shared assignment was late, as well as the e-mailed answers to questions. I am not penalizing for late entries for the Week 1 assignment, but will do so starting with Week 2. You may make up the points you missed on this assignment by completing the requested changes by the Week 3 wiki deadline, midnight Tuesday, September 20 (Monday night/Tuesday morning).
- You completed all of the the items in the assignment, except for the following:
- Please provide a link to your e-mail address. You may use a "mailto" link, or the link to e-mail you through OpenWetWare.
- I'm not sure that it's a good idea to give your personal snail mail address in this forum. The LMU address would be sufficient here.
- You wrote something in the Summary field for 25 out of 30 changes, or 83% of the time. This is respectable, but we are aiming to write in the Summary field 100% of the time. Be aware that you've written something before you click "Save page".
- You have created both internal links within the wiki and links to external websites, but it appears that you are a little confused about the syntax for the two different type of links. While it will "work" to link to an OWW internal site using the external link syntax (like you did for Week 1 individual assignment, it is not recommended. Also, if you mix the two styles, you will get stray [ ] like you did for the link to course home page.
- You need to "comment out" something by using <!-- and --> in the editing window.
- Because you created a template with the lists of assignments, individual journal entries, and shared journal entries, you no longer need the link to the Week 2 individual journal that is listed under your Useful Links heading.
- You can delete all of the auto-text that OpenWetWare placed on your Talk page below my feedback, as well as the new user template on your User page.
- It's interesting that you chose the sports analogy. Sports are becoming more and more data driven (think Moneyball).
— Kam D. Dahlquist 03:15, 13 September 2016 (EDT)
Hello, Isai Lopez! This is a welcome message from OpenWetWare. By the way, we've announced you on the home page! You can leave messages to any OWW member by editing their User_talk pages like this one. And don't forget to personalize your User Page so that we can get to know you better! We've included some tips below to get you started.
Basic Wiki Instructions
- Don't be afraid to edit! As with all pages on the wiki, all versions are saved so its easy to undo. If you have any questions feel free to send us an email.
- Start off by clicking the 'edit' button to the right of this section, or at the top of the page.
- Now you should see the text of this section as text within an editor box. There are several buttons in the editor box, but don't worry about those for now. Just type something in the box, scroll down to the bottom, and hit the 'Preview' button.
- You should see the web-page and text box views, but now with your edits! Don't forget to save your changes by clicking 'Save Page'!
- Editing pages is as easy as that. There are of course many ways to format your text. The easiest way to learn is to find an OWW page with the formatting you like, click on the edit button again, and see for yourself how it was created in the text box. Here's an extensive list of formating examples. Or look at this OpenWetWare introductory tutorial.
- When you are done, remove these instructions by clicking the edit button for this section again, erase everything you see in the text box and click 'Save Page'. (And remember you can always retrieve these by clicking on the 'history' tab at the top of this page.)
Note that these instructions apply to any page on OWW. Feel free to contribute to OWW by editing pages to add content, update them, or even correct mistakes. OWW relies on an active community to manage our growing resource of open access information, and we need your help!
We have gone ahead and filled in some information you provided us in your membership application on your User Page. Please take a moment to embellish this and tell the community a little more about you. Put links to your lab pages, your projects and your interests. If you run out of ideas, take a look at some of the other User pages. For example, check out User:Julius_B._Lucks, User:Jason_R._Kelly and User:Reshma_P._Shetty.
You'll also notice that we have put an 'image' placeholder at the top of your User Page. We encourage you to upload an image of yourself to give OWW a more personal feel. To upload an image, click on the Upload file link on the left-hand side (toolbar). Choose a file from your computer, and remember the file name. After you have uploaded the image, you should see it loaded on its own page. Go back to your User Page, click on edit, and replace 'OWWEmblem.png' with the name of your file that you have uploaded in the second line of this page.