Lab 6: “Design of a New Molecular Diagnostic System”
- Content from PCR Labs E, F
- Bayesian Statistics
- Computer-Aided Design
- Feature 1: Reagents & Supplies
- Feature 2: Hardware - PCR Machine & Fluorimeter
HW: Lab Report 6 (due 04/17/18 at 11:59 pm through OpenWetWare)
10 points – Overall layout: Our Company section, grammar, style
15 points - Bayesian Statistics: How reliable is the current system?
5 points - Computer-Aided Design - 3D model, your design
10 points – Feature 1: Reagents & Supplies - items like reagents (PCR mix, primer solution, SYBR Green solution, buffer, etc.), plastic tubes, glass slides, etc.
10 points – Feature 2: Hardware - PCR Machine & Fluorimeter
50 points – Peer Assessment
||OUR TEAM section
||5 pts = Original & non-offensive images; real names
||3 pts = More than half original images & information
||1 pt = All default green & white avatars; default text
||Grammar & style
||5 pts = Composition & layout perfect throughout
||3 pts = Few spelling errors; images too big or small
||1 pt = Many errors
||Overview of the original diagnosis system
||10 pts = 100% complete; division of labor, error prevention, class results
||7 pt = has most parts, not completely clear
||4 pts = incomplete; five or fewer sentences
||What Bayes statistics imply
||5 pts = 100% complete; Calculations 1, 2, 3, 4 discussion; three sources of error
||3 pts = Missing one or two parts of the information
||2 pts = Missing three or more parts; poorly written in general
||3 pts = 100% complete; 4 -10 sentences
||2 pts = 2 - 3 sentences
||1 pt = ambiguous, short phrase
||2 pts = image is a good size, description is clear
||1 pts = image too large (had to scroll to see whole thing) or too small
||0 pt = image or description or both missing
|FEATURE 1: CONSUMABLES
||10 pts = Thorough, easy to read; list of items & paragraph(s) description
||7 pts = Paragraph or list, not both
||4 pt = Very brief & ambiguous
|FEATURE 2: HARDWARE
||10 pts = Thorough, easy to read; includes PCR & fluorimeter system
||7 pts = Somewhat incomplete, but okay paragraphs
||4 pt = Very brief, fragmented, & hard to understand
Note: *Empty/ plagiarized sections or borrowed images without references receive zero points
Important Information About Grading:
- Plagiarism: Any images that are copy-pasted from the BME 100 workbook, from another group's Wiki page, or from the internet are considered as plaigiarism. Lab reports that contain any plagiarism will receive a zero and will be reported to James Collofello, Associate Dean for Academic and Student Affairs. Internet images (that are NOT from another group's or previous class's Wiki report) may be used as long as the source is properly cited.
- Do not wait until the last minute to finish your report. Wiki pages are time-stamped after each "save". Only the version of your page that was saved by the deadline will be graded. Any changes made after the deadline will be ignored, no exceptions. Technical problems with the Wiki website must be reported at least 10 hours before the submission deadline.
|Look for your Group's lab report link in the list of links on the right. If it is RED instead of blue, DO NOT CLICK ON IT!
If the link is red, type the name of your Group's lab report link exactly as shown in the following text field and click the Create Page button.
This should open up an Edit page that is pre-populated with a lab report template code.