BIOL368/S20:Sahil Patel Week 6
The purpose of this project was to get together with a few of our classmates who shared similar questions about the Markham et al research paper and by using bioinformatics tools, present our respective findings.
Is it necessary to record and analyze the interim visits of the subjects for an accurate analysis of the CD4 T-cell decline in order to accurately map the progression of HIV evolution?
Data and Files
- File:Change in CD4 T-Cell count and HIV evolution from first to last visit in injection drug users.pdf
- File:Classified data summary.xlsx.zip
- I would like to thank my partners for this project Lizzy and Karina for being such great teammates both in and out of the classroom. We also worked on google slides to create our powerpoint presentation.
- Except for what is noted above, this individual journal entry was completed by me and not copied from another source.
- OpenWetWare. (2020). BIOL368/S20:Week 6. Retrieved February 26, 2020, from https://openwetware.org/wiki/BIOL368/S20:Week_6
- Markham, R.B., Wang, W.C., Weisstein, A.E., Wang, Z., Munoz, A., Templeton, A., Margolick, J., Vlahov, D., Quinn, T., Farzadegan, H., & Yu, X.F. (1998). Patterns of HIV-1 evolution in individuals with differing rates of CD4 T cell decline. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 95, 12568-12573. doi: 10.1073/pnas.95.21.12568 (PubMed ID: 9770526)
- Phylogeny.fr. (2020) Phylogeny.fr:Home. Retrieved February 20, 2020, from http://www.phylogeny.fr/.