This journal entry is due on Thursday, April 4, at midnight PDT. (Wednesday night/Thursday morning).
The purpose of this assignment is to gain some basic familiarity with MATLAB.
Individual Journal Assignment
- If you have not already done so, download MATLAB and install it on your personal computer.
- Spend an hour-ish learning some basic MATLAB
- go to lynda MATLAB tutorial
- work along with the video from the Introduction through the end of Chapter 4 on Data Representations.
- you will need the data file (Sine.zip) to complete the exercise. I had to zip it for openwetware to upload it.
for your individual journal assignment, upload some of the MATLAB files you created:
You will need to add all three of these to a zip file (using 7-zip) to upload, as openwetware doesn't allow .m files.
In this course you will be completing the research projects in groups of two, three, or as an entire class. To initiate this process, you will be assigned a homework partner for this week's assignment. You will be expected to consult with your partner, in order to complete the assignment. However, unless otherwise stated, each partner must submit his or her own work as the individual journal entry (direct copies of each other's work is not allowed). Homework partners for this week are:
- Angela and Fatimah
- Austin and Desiree
- Alison and Leanne
- Ava and Sahil
- Brianna and Edward
- Store your journal entry in the shared Class Journal Week 10 page. If this page does not exist yet, go ahead and create it (congratulations on getting in first :) )
- Link to your journal entry from your user page.
- Link back from the journal entry to your user page.
- Sign your portion of the journal with the standard wiki signature shortcut (
- Add the "BIOL388/S19" category to the end of the wiki page (if someone has not already done so).
- How did you like the lynda videos?
- Do you have any worries about using MATLAB going forward?