User:Angela C Abarquez
Bachelor of Science Candidate, Biology Loyola Marymount University 1 LMU Drive, Los Angeles, CA 90045 Email me LinkedIn Resume
I am a scientist and current student looking for new experiences and opportunities to help me toward my goal of pursuing a career in medicine!
During my free time, I love to...
- explore LA and find new foods to post on my food blog, @Bae_Bites on Instagram!
- swim in the ocean
- run or go to the gym
- cook for my friends
I originally came to LMU as a psychology major, however I quickly found myself wanting to go into biology. I love how biology is universal and is constantly advancing and building upon itself. I strive to one day be able to make my own contribution to the field!
From an early age I always loved math. I like how structured and analytical it is most of the time, and I love the feeling I get after conquering a tough problem!
- Current junior at Loyola Marymount University pursuing Bachelor of Science in Biology (expected graduation May 2020)
- Relevant Coursework:
- Urban Ecology w/ Lab
- Biomathematical Modeling
- Field Biology w/ Lab
- Relevant Coursework:
I am currently studying to take the MCAT this May and am looking forward to attending medical school shortly after I graduate from undergrad. I am passionate about medicine and hope to become a doctor one day!
Current Research Project
- Genetic Variation and Biogeography of the Silver Garden Spider
- Research Fellow at Loyola Marymount University under Dr. Martina Ramirez
- Conduct gel electrophoresis tests to study genetic variability of spiders in the Southern California coast
- Collaborate with research team members and Dr. Martina Ramirez to prepare articles for journal publication
- Mathematics Teacher's Assistant at Loyola Marymount University Math Department | Spring 2017-Present
- Current tutor for algebra, pre-calculus, and quantitative reasoning courses
- Previous grader for various math courses
- Intern at Kaiser Permanente South Bay Medical Center | Fall 2018-Present
- Assist in rounds under internal medicine hospitalist Dr. Hector Miguel in the Emergency Department
- Observe lab results and scans to create diagnoses and talk to patients to help them feel comfortable during their stay
- Volunteer at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center | Spring 2019-Present
- Transforming Care at Bedside (TCAB) program
- Perform patient safety rounds in the Critical Care Unit, collect data for clinical care teams, and assist nurses in various tasks
- Provide social and emotional support to patients and visitors
- Vice President of Programming, Delta Zeta Sorority Xi Omicron Chapter | Fall 2018-Present
- Participate in over 40 hours of service annually and help organize bi-annual events to benefit philanthropic partners
- Create an enriching environment for young women to grow and develop as strong and grounded leaders
- Student Ambassador, Loyola Marymount University | Fall 2016-Present
- Help guide prospective students and their families during their visits to the University by answering questions, serving on informational panels, hosting day visits
BIOL 388 Assignments
My homework partner, Fatima, and I helped each other via text and FaceTime when working on this assignment. We discussed what types of pages were required and how to upload our journal entries correctly.
I also used BIOL388/S19:Week 1 for help with using wiki syntax. Dr. Dahlquist and Dr. Fitzpatrick helped guide me through their lessons in class and by the detailed instructions they created for this assignment.