- Student Email
- aburnet at lion dot lmu dot edu
- Email Aiden Burnett through OpenWetWare.
- Mail can be sent to the Loyola Marymount University Biology Department
- 1 LMU Drive, Department of Biology, Los Angeles, CA 90045-2659
- Biology Major and Bioethics minor
- LMU Class of 2022
- Upper division courses
- Urban Ecology
- Example research paper
Career Interests and Goals
Primarily interested in working as an environmental scientist but would happily consider other fields, such as:
- Water treatment/management
My goal is to work in a field where I can be intellectually engaged by problem solving and new information.
Ultrastar Cinemas Ak Chin (520) 568-3456
- Usher & Concessionist
- May 2017 – August 2018 & June 2019 - August 2019 (19 months)
- Independently assessing multiple schedules to determine my shift’s responsibilities.
- Cleaning and maintaining work areas, equipment, restrooms, and auditoriums.
- Concession food preparation, cashiering, and customer service.
- Public speaking to an audience before every showing.
Personal Interests & Hobbies
I taught myself how to
I also enjoy
- Spending time learning about new topics
Favourite aspect of biology and why?
I am fascinated by life, as a concept, and how organisms interact with each other & their environment. This is why I have always enjoyed hobbies such as gardening and aquaponics. In high school I found it very relaxing to watch my fish and plants exist within the small ecosystem I maintained.
Favourite aspect of computer science and why?
From my limited experience I know that I enjoy computer science in the same way I do puzzles. Problem solving and critical thinking are involved and in many cases clever solutions can save you a lot of work. This means that there are viable options if you understand the basics but cleverness is rewarded in a very satisfying way.
- I acknowledge my partner JT Corry, with whom I consulted once over video conference. We reviewed each other's user pages and gave feedback. We text messaged before this to schedule our meeting.
- I copied and modified OWW syntax from the procedures shown on the Week 1 Page.
- Viewed Yaniv N. Maddahi’s user page, without copying text, to better understand how the syntax of Open Wet Ware functions
- Except for what is noted above, this individual journal entry was completed by me and not copied from another source.
Aiden Burnett (talk) 06:44, 10 September 2020 (PDT)
- OpenWetWare. (2020). BIOL368/F20:Week 1. Retrieved September 7, 2020, from https://openwetware.org/wiki/BIOL368/F20:Week_1
- Media Wiki Help Page. (2020). BIOL368/F20:Week 1. Retrieved September 8, 2020, from https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Help:Images
- Help:Moving a page. (2020). Retrieved September 10, 2020, from https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Help:Moving_a_page
- Denning, P. J. (2008). Voices of Computing. The Profession of IT. doi:10.1145/1378704
- Denning, P. J. (2008). Computing is a Natural Science. The Profession of IT. doi:10.1145/1272516
- Janovy, J. (2004). Ch. 1: Naturalists. In On becoming a biologist (pp. 1-33). Lincoln, NB: University of Nebraska Press.
- Week 1 Assignment
- Week 2 Assignment
- Week 3 Assignment
- Week 4 Assignment
- Week 5 Assignment
- Week 6 Assignment
- Week 7 Assignment
- Week 8 Assignment
- Week 9 Assignment
- Week 10 Assignment
- Week 11 Assignment
- Week 12 Assignment
- Week 14 Assignment
Individual Journal Pages
- Aiden Burnett
- Aiden Burnett Week 2
- Aiden Burnett Week 3
- Aiden Burnett Week 4
- Aiden Burnett Week 5
- Aiden Burnett Week 6
- Aiden Burnett Week 7
- FoldamerDB Review
- Aiden Burnett Week 9
- Aiden Burnett Week 10
- Aiden Burnett Week 11
- Aiden Burnett Week 12
- Aiden Burnett Week 14