- Email: email@example.com
- Address: Biology Department Loyola Marymount University
1 LMU Drive Department of Biology
Los Angeles, CA 90045-2659
- Major: Biology
- Expected Graduation Year: 2022
- Upper division STEM courses:
- Bioinformatic Laboratory
- Plant Biotechnology
- Research assistant in Loyola Marymount University's Coastal Ecology and Conservation Lab (CECL)
- CECL is directed by Dr. Sarah Joy Bittick
- Currently working on a data matrix of Zostera (seagrass genus) related studies in southwest California.
Biology Stockroom Worker
- LMU Biology Department
- Spring 2019
- Help maintain clean and well stocked biology labs
Biology Lab Teaching Assistant
- LMU Biology Department
- Fall 2019 - current
- Teach the introductory biology laboratory course (BIOL 111 and BIOL 112), topics include biodiversity, microbiology, plant biology, and basic lab techniques.
I am involved in many activities in campus so most of my free time and energy goes into those. I am EMT certified and spend a significant amount of time volunteering with LMU EMS. I am also a member of the Crimson Circle, a service organization on campus with a focus of providing strong male role models to high risk youth in the LA area. In the small bits of free time that I do have I enjoy spending time with my roommates and going on evening runs.
I am hoping to attend medical school after my time at LMU. Right now I am leaning towards a Doctor of Osteopathic (DO) degree as LMU has connections with several DO programs. After medical school I would love to do a residency in emergency medicine then a fellowship in pediatrics so I can be a pediatric emergency department physician. However, becoming a doctor is still a long way away, so who knows what may change in the coming years.
Why I love biology
I love how I can apply biology to every aspect of my life. Everything from sitting down to eat a meal and thinking about how society farms and modifies animals and plants to fit our needs to the role that hunger impacts the moods of politicians and potential influences our laws, are grounded in biology.
Favorite aspect of computer science
I really like the unknown that comes with computer science. Every year there are massive leaps forward in the field and I am excited to see what impacts the field will have on society in the coming years.
- Aiden Burnett
- Aiden and I worked as homework partners for this week. We communicated mostly over text to work together throughout the assignment. Aiden also helped as I was able to model some of my work after him when I was struggling with parts like the template and inserting an image.
- Dr. Dahlquist
- Dr. Dahlquist served as a coach for how to begin our pages. She also instructed the class and provided us with the guiding homework document.
- Except for what is noted above, this individual journal entry was completed by me and not copied from another source.
- OpenWetWare. (2020). BIOL368/F20:Week 1. Retrieved September 10, 2020, from https://openwetware.org/wiki/BIOL368/F20:Week_1
- OpenWetWare. (2020). User:Aiden Burnett. Retrieved September 10, 2020, from https://openwetware.org/wiki/User:Aiden_Burnett
- Institute, P. J., Denning, P. J., Institute, C., Profile, C. I., Contributor MetricsExpand All Peter Denning Naval Postgraduate School Publication Years1965 - 2020Publication counts331Available for Download279Citation count7, Peter Denning Naval Postgraduate School Publication Years1965 - 2020Publication counts331Available for Download279Citation count7, & Author: Peter J. Denning Cebrowski Institute Cebrowski InstituteView Profile Authors Info & Affiliations. (2008, August 01). The profession of ITVoices of computing. Retrieved from https://dl.acm.org/doi/10.1145/1378704.1378711
- Denning, P. J. (2007). Computing is a Natural Science. The Profession of IT, 50(7). Retrieved September 21, 2020.
- Janovy, J. (2004). On becoming a biologist. Lincoln: University of Nebraska Press.
- Week 1 Assignment
- Week 2 Assignment
- Week 3 Assignment
- Week 4 Assignment
- Week 5 Assignment
- Week 6 Assignment
- Week 7 Assignment
- Week 8 Assignment
- Week 9 Assignment
- Week 10 Assignment
- Week 11 Assignment
- Week 12 Assignment
- Week 14 Assignment
Individual Journal Pages
- JT Correy
- JT Correy Journal Week 2
- JT Correy Journal Week 3
- JT Correy Journal Week 4
- JT Correy Journal Week 5
- JT Correy Journal Week 6
- JT Correy Journal Week 7
- CancerTracer Review
- JT Correy Journal Week 9
- JT Correy Journal Week 10
- JT Correy Journal Week 11
- JT Correy Journal Week 12
- JT Correy Journal Week 14
Class Journal Pages
- BIOL368/F20:Class Journal Week 1
- BIOL368/F20:Class Journal Week 2
- BIOL368/F20:Class Journal Week 3
- BIOL368/F20:Class Journal Week 4
- BIOL368/F20:Class Journal Week 5
- BIOL368/F20:Class Journal Week 6
- BIOL368/F20:Class Journal Week 7
- BIOL368/F20:Class Journal Week 8
- BIOL368/F20:Class Journal Week 9
- BIOL368/F20:Class Journal Week 10
- BIOL368/F20:Class Journal Week 11
- BIOL368/F20:Class Journal Week 12
- BIOL368/F20:Class Journal Week 14