This journal entry is due on Thursday, December 3, at 12:01 PM Pacific time.
The learning objectives for this assignment are to get organized with your team for the final research project.
Individual Journal Assignment
- You will be working together as a group for the remainder of the semester.
- Your group will submit a single wiki page for the entire group. Make sure you add this page to your template.
- Homework partners for the remainder of the semester are:
- Aiden, Anna, Nida, Taylor
- Fatimah, JT, Macie, Yaniv
- Ian, Kam, Nathan, Owen
Format and Content Checklist
- Store this journal entry as "group name Week 12" (i.e., this is the text to place between the square brackets when you link to this page).
- With your group, decide on a name for your team and use it as part of the page name for this week.
- Write something in the summary field each time you save an edit. You are aiming for 100%.
- Each team member will invoke their template that you made as part of the Week 1 assignment at the bottom of the team page. Your template should contain:
- A link to your user page.
- A link to the template page itself.
- A list or table of all of the Assignment pages for the course.
- A list or table of all of your individual journal pages for the course.
- A list or table of all the shared class journal pages for the course.
- The category "BIOL368/F20".
- This week's page will be abbreviated and will supply the answers to three questions listed in the next section and the Acknowledgments and References sections.
- Acknowledgments section (see Week 1 assignment for more details.)
- You must acknowledge your team members with whom you worked, giving details of the nature of the collaboration. You should include when and how you met and what content you worked on together.
- Acknowledge anyone else you worked with who was not your assigned partner. This could be the instructor, the TA, other students in the class, or even other students or faculty outside of the class.
- If you copied
wiki syntax or a particular style from another wiki page, acknowledge that here. Provide the user name of the original page, if possible, and provide a link to the page from which you copied the syntax or style.
- If you copied any part of the assignment or protocol and then modified it, acknowledge that here and also include a formal citation in the Reference section.
- You must also include this statement:
- "Except for what is noted above, this individual journal entry was completed by me and not copied from another source."
- Sign your Acknowledgments section with your wiki signature (four tildes,
- Each person will contribute to the Acknowledgments and sign this statement.
- References section (see Week 1 assignment for more details.)
- Cite this assignment page.
Preparing for the Final Research Project
- Your group should meet at least once before class meets on Thursday.
- Decide upon a team name that you will use to name a shared wiki page for the group. Please keep it professional.
- Answer the following questions on your page:
- What is your research question?
- What publicly available data will you need to gather to answer your question.
- It will be helpful to list specific websites/databases. Dr. Dahlquist will also be available to consult on Thursday.
- What analysis tools will you use to answer your question with the data?
There is no shared journal assignment for this week.