User:Owen R. Dailey
- 1 Contact Information
- 2 Education
- 3 Career Interests and Goals
- 4 Research Experience
- 5 Work Experience
- 6 Personal Interests and Hobbies
- 7 Favorite Aspect of Biology
- 8 Favorite Aspect of Computer Science
- 9 Template
- 10 User Page
- 11 Assignments
- 12 Individual Journals
- 13 Class Journals
- 14 Acknowledgements
- 15 References
- Email: odailey at lion dot lmu dot edu
- Email Owen R. Dailey through OpenWetWare
- Snail Mail Address
- LMU Department of Biology, 1 LMU Drive, Los Angeles, CA 90045
Loyola Marymount University
- Major: Biology, B.S.
- Expected Graduation Year: 2021
- Upper Division Courses
- Comparative Anatomy
- Cell Biology
- General Microbiology
- General Microbiology Lab
- Bioinformatics Lab
- Advanced Genetics
- Biol Tch: Plant Physiology Lab
- SS:Yeast Mitochondria Rsrch
- Biochemistry Lab
Career Interests and Goals
- Dental School
Characterization of a Novel Mitochondrial Protein
- Research Mentor: Dr. Dabir
- Loyola Marymount University Summer Opportunities for Advanced Research Seminar
- Loyola Marymount University Undergraduate Research Symposium
Guest Service Provider
- Royal Oaks Country Club
- May 2018-August 2018
- Provided services to country club members and guests
- Loyola Marymount University Summer Opportunities for Advanced
- May 2019-June 2019
- Performed biochemical tests (SDS-PAGE gels, western blots, plate assays, blue native assays) in an attempt to characterize a novel mitochondrial protein
- Silicon Beach Dental
- January 2020- March 2020
- Shadowed a general dentist and pediatric dentist to gain an understanding of the dental profession
Personal Interests and Hobbies
- The Office
- Hard Knocks
- Game of Thrones
- Curb Your Enthusiasm
Favorite Aspect of Biology
My favorite aspect of biology is how applicable the subject is. In the midst of a pandemic, it is helpful to have a solid comprehension of many of the biological concepts that are impacting the current world.
Favorite Aspect of Computer Science
My favorite aspect of computer science is its ability to connect scientists/researchers from all over the world with one another. The ability to share research is a necessary aspect of modern science.
- I collaborated with my homework partner, Macie Duran, over text regarding linking an OWW page on my user page
- I copied wiki syntax from Media Wiki Help Page to link my user photo on my user page
- I copied and modified the protocol shown on the Week 1 page.
- Except for what is noted above, this individual journal entry was completed by me and not copied from another source."
- Denning, P. J. (2007). Computing is a natural science. Communications of the ACM, 50(7), 13-18.
- Janovy, J. (1996). On becoming a biologist. U of Nebraska Press.
- MediaWiki. (2020). Help:Images. Retreived Septmeber5, 2020 from https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Help:Images.
- OpenWetWare. (2020). BIOL368/F20:Week 1. Retrieved September 3, 2020, from https://openwetware.org/wiki/BIOL368/F20:Week_1.