Focuses on modern technologies with exponential growth and their impact on global quality of life through weekly updated Wiki class project (in-depth case studies on personal genomics and/or biofuels). Integrating knowledge, tools for research, and commercial decision-making concerning new aspects of bioengineering, personalized medicine, genetically modified organisms, and stem cells. Interplays of biophysical, ecological, economic, and social/ethical modeling will be explored through multi-disciplinary teams of students, and individual brief reports.
Potential course projects
- Analytic: Bioweather map. Collection and use of real-time assays to track virus outbreaks, etc.
- Synthetic: Bioenergy. Integrated metabolic, genetic, economic, process, environmental modeling.
H. sapiens 2.0
- Meeting time: Tuesdays and Thursdays, 10:00—11:30 am
- First class Thu 1-Feb-2007.
- Location: Barker Center, Room 316
- No exams
- No prerequisites
- 25% Participation
- 25% Personal wiki page (weekly assignments)
- 50% Contribution to group project
Background Info and previous class projects
9 December 2018
8 December 2018
7 December 2018