Alison S King Week 14/15
The purpose is to increase our understanding of the chemostat two nutrient model and the Tai et al. 2007 paper. We also want to be able to tweak the MATLAB model to better represent the data and use more accurate parameters.
- Arrhenius equation
- Using the rate constants we know for each temperature, we can back solve the Arrhenius equation for constants A and B.
- When this is done, we find that A = 4.907*10^11 and B = 68258.79
- We then use the equation, with newly found constants A and B plugged in, to solve for the rates when T = 15, 20, and 25 degrees C.
- T = 15 gives us r = 0.11
- T = 20 gives us r = 0.18
- T = 25 gives us r = 0.29
- The graphs for these three model runs can be found in the Figures section below.
- Glucose efficiency equation
- We found a set of linear equations that represent E based on temperature and residual glucose mass.
- For 12 degrees, E = 0.3637y + 14.1022
- For 30 degrees, E = 0.7012y + 14.2478
- When this is done, the resulting graphs do not differ much from the original chemostat model run.
- Graphs can be found below in the Figures section.
Scripts and Figures
I would like to acknowledge my homework partner, Brianna Samuels, who I met with twice over the course of the week and completed the entire homework assignment and presentation with.
Also, thanks to Dr. Fitzpatrick for his help in office hours.
Except for what is noted above, this individual journal entry was completed by me and not copied from another source.
Loyola Marymount University (8 May 2019) BIOL388/S19:Week 14/15. Retrieved from https://openwetware.org/wiki/BIOL388/S19:Week_14/15 on 8 May 2019.
Tai, S. L., Daran-Lapujade, P., Walsh, M. C., Pronk, J. T., & Daran, J. M. (2007). Acclimation of Saccharomyces cerevisiae to low temperature: a chemostat-based transcriptome analysis. Molecular Biology of the Cell, 18(12), 5100-5112. DOI: 10.1091/mbc.e07-02-0131
Class Page: BIOL388/S19
- Class Journal Week 1
- Class Journal Week 2
- Class Journal Week 3
- Class Journal Week 4
- Class Journal Week 5
- Class Journal Week 6
- Class Journal Week 7
- Class Journal Week 8
- Class Journal Week 9
- Class Journal Week 10
- Class Journal Week 11
- Class Journal Week 12
- Class Journal Week 14/15