Joined 4 September 2020
- 1 Contact Information
- 2 Education
- 3 Career Interests and Goals
- 4 Work Experience
- 5 Personal Interests and Hobbies
- 6 Favorite Aspect of Biology
- 7 Favorite Aspect of Computer Science
- 8 Template Links
- 9 Assignment Pages
- 10 Individual Journal Pages
- 11 Class Journal Pages
- 12 Acknowledgements
- 13 References
- Email Address:
- t makela 1 at lion dot lmu dot edu
- Email Taylor Makela through OpenWetWare
- Mailing Address:
- 1 LMU Dr, Department of Biology, Los Angeles, CA 90045
- Biology Major
- Expected to graduate in May of 2022
- Upper Division Courses:
- Bioinformatics Lab
Career Interests and Goals
- After graduating from LMU and obtaining my BS in Biology, I hope to go to medical school.
- My specific interests within medicine include pediatrics and surgery.
Katherine Johnson STEM Academy
- Katherine Johnson STEM Academy
- 01/2019 - 05/2020
- Worked closely with students in grades 6 through 8, helping to develop math and essay writing skills.
- Helped students with subject knowledge as well as general abilities in learning, studying and retaining information.
- Recorded student progress and tutoring session details.
- Structured tutoring environment to promote productivity and foreign language learning.
- Hoag Hospital Newport Beach
- 01/2017 - 12/2018
- Worked with others to greet and direct patients entering the hospital.
- Saddleback Church
- 08/2015 - 01/2016
- Worked with 3-year-old children during church services.
- Read to and taught 3-year-old children/
Personal Interests and Hobbies
- My interests/hobbies include:
- Going to the Beach
- Community Service
Favorite Aspect of Biology
- My favorite aspect of biology is its ability to allow us to learn about the world around us, as well as how our bodies function.
- I am very interested in medicine so I enjoy learning about how our bodies and different diseases/viruses work.
Favorite Aspect of Computer Science
- My favorite aspect of computer science is the ability to connect my interest in science to the ever-evolving and important tool that is technology.
- I enjoy looking at and comparing data involving medication concentrations in the blood over time or infection rates of various diseases over time.
- Week 1 Assignment Page
- Week 2 Assignment Page
- Week 3 Assignment Page
- Week 4 Assignment Page
- Week 5 Assignment Page
- Week 6 Assignment Page
- Week 8 Assignment Page
- Week 9 Assignment Page
- Week 9 Assignment Page
- Week 10 Assignment Page
- Week 11 Assignment Page
- Week 12 Assignment Page
- Week 14 Assignment Page
Individual Journal Pages
- Taylor Makela Journal Week 2
- Taylor Makela Journal Week 3
- Taylor Makela Journal Week 4
- Taylor Makela Journal Week 5
- Taylor Makela Journal Week 6
- Taylor Makela Journal Week 7
- Taylor Makela Journal Week 8
- Taylor Makela Journal Week 9
- Taylor Makela Journal Week 10
- Taylor Makela Journal Week 11
- Taylor Makela Journal Week 12
- Taylor Makela Journal Week 14
Class Journal Pages
- I acknowledge my homework partner, Nida Patel, who I consulted before and after class for several hours.
- I copied and modified the protocol shown on the Week 1 page.
- Denning, P. J. (2008). Voices of Computing [Abstract]. The Profession of IT. doi:10.1145/1378704
- Denning, P. J. (2008). Computing is a Natural Science [Abstract]. The Profession of IT. doi:10.1145/1272516
- Janovy, J. (2004). Ch. 1: Naturalists. In On becoming a biologist (pp. 1-33). Lincoln, NB: University of Nebraska Press.
- OpenWetWare. (2020). BIOL368/F20:Week 1. Retrieved September 10, 2020, from https://openwetware.org/wiki/BIOL368/F20:Week_1