From OpenWetWareJump to navigationJump to search
- 1 Madeleine King
- 2 Assignments
- 3 Individual Journal Entries
- 4 Class Journal Entries
- 5 Acknowledgements
- 6 References
- mking44 at lion dot lmu dot edu
- Madeleine King 1 LMU Drive MSB#3627 Los Angeles, CA 90045-2659
- Email Madeleine King through OpenWetWare
- Biology major, Biochemistry minor at Loyola Marymount University
- Expected Graduation Date: May 2021
Upper Division Courses
- Genetics Lab
- General Microbiology
- Advanced Genetics
- Bioinformatics Lab (BIOL368)
- Urban Ecology
- Plant Physiology
- Marine Physiology Lab
- Biochemistry Lab
Bioinformatics COVID-19 Research (August 2020-Present)
- Faculty: Dr. Dahlquist
- Independently researching the COVID-19 pandemic and particular research questions about the SARS-CoV-2 virus.
Career and Academic Interests
I am interested in genetics, biochemistry, and molecular biology. I am applying to graduate schools this semester, and eventually hoping to get my Ph.D in Molecular Biology/Biochemistry.
Favorite Aspect of Biology
- I enjoy how biology explains how life works and all of its processes. It challenges us, as rational human beings, to take a step back and realize our place in the world.
Favorite Aspect of Computer Science
- I appreciate that computer science allows for information to be stored, organized more efficiently and more accessible for people.
- Organic Chemistry Lab Teacher's Assistant (August 2019-Present)
- Employer: LMU Chemistry Department/Robert Senter
- Facilitating lab and ensuring students’ safety as well as grading their lab reports and quizzes
- Precalculus Teacher's Grader (August 2018- December 2018)
- Employer: LMU Mathematics Department/Fereidoun Jahani
- Responsible for grading student assignments and providing assistance to incorrect solutions
Interests and Hobbies
- In my free time, I enjoy spending time with friends, watching the sunset, reading, and watching movies. I also enjoy to workout when I can as it contributes to my overall health.
Individual Journal Entries
Class Journal Entries
- My homework partner was Jack P. Menzagopian for this week. I asked him a question about formatting and he assisted me during class.
- I formatted my picture using the syntax found on MediaWiki Help:Images
- I made a text bold and italicized by using the syntax found on MediaWiki User Guide/Text Formatting
- I modified the protocol and used it to guide me shown on the Week 1 page.
- I cited a quote from Janovy's book in one of my reflection questions.
- Except for what is noted above, this individual journal entry was completed by me and not copied from another source.
- OpenWetWare. (2020). BIOL368/S20:Week 1. Retrieved January 18, 2020, from https://openwetware.org/wiki/BIOL368/S20:Week_1
- MediaWiki. (2020). Help:Images. Retrieved January 18, 2020, from https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Help:Images
- Wikibooks. (2018). MediaWiki User Guide/Text Formatting. Retrieved January 19, 2010, from https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/MediaWiki_User_Guide/Text_Formatting
- Janovy, J. (2004). On becoming a biologist. Lincoln: University of Nebraska Press. Retrieved January 22, 2020.