- To contribute to the Open Source Synthetic Biology effort.
- To store, curate and support models related to physical Biobricks.
- To drive and guide the experimental characterization of BioBricks.
- To enable the reuse of modular part models.
- To provide a forum for modelers to contribute to the BioBricks effort.
- Planning the architecture of a registry of standard biological models.
- Building a collection of standard biological models.
- Define a modeling description language that is:
- Machine readable
- Capable of describing gene expression networks
- Modular (standardized defined inputs/ouputs)
- Hierarchical (models are composable)
- Capable of describing models that can be related to experimental data.