Brianna N. Samuels-Week 2
From OpenWetWareJump to navigationJump to search
The purpose of this assignment is to understand how microarrays work as well as learn about the alternative ways microarrays can be used.
- It seems as if genes X and Y were transcribed similarly. Genes X and Y are both induced and repressed at the same times which can mean that they were both transcribed similarly in comparison to gene Z. Z was induced throughout all 9 hours.
- When the expression of a gene has no change, the color of the dot shows up as yellow. It makes sense that the first ones would be yellow because not enough time has passed for a change to occur or for any repressing or inducing to occur.
- Since the color is green, that suggests that the TEF4 was repressed during the experiment. Since glucose is being reduced, that means that there is a specific type of stress occurring. The cell would most likely attempt to reserve enough energy to live and compensate for the lack of glucose.
- The TCA Cycle would be induced because it would try to make more ATP and glucose.
- One way that the genome can ensure that genes in an enzyme are repressed or induced simultaneously is to incorporate regulatory transcription factors.
- The color would be red since it would be induced due to low glucose levels.
- The color would be red due to low glucose levels.
- An easy way to verify if they were actually deleted is to compare it to a control group like one that isn't changed or is less intense.
- Homework Partner: Sahil Patel met face-to-face in LSB Study Room. Discussed structuring the week 2 assignment and discussed how to graph the first question. We also briefly discussed the video for the shared assignment
- Looked at Leanne Kuwahara Reference section
- Except for what is noted above, this individual journal entry was completed by me and not copied from another source.
- Dahlquist, K. & Fitzpatrick, B. (2019). "BIOL388/S19: Week 2 Assignment Page" Week 2 Assignment Page
- Campbell, A.M, & Heeyer, L.J. (2003). "Chapter 4: Basic Research with DNA Microarrays," in Discovering Genomics, Proteomics, and Bloinformatics, Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Press, pp.107-124
- Assignment Pages:
- Assignment Link:
- Class Journal Page:
- BIOL388 Home Page: BIOL388
- User page: Brianna N. Samuels