From OpenWetWareJump to navigationJump to search
Lizzy Gabriela Urbina
Email Lizzy through OpenWetWare
Loyola Marymount University 1 LMU Drive MSB-9106 Los Angeles, CA 90045
Loyola Marymount University
- Biology (B.S.)
- Class of 2021
Upper Division Classes takes
- Bioinfomatics Laboratory
- Organic Chemistry
- Vertebrate Comparative Anatomy
- Vertebrate Comparative Anatomy Lab
- Animal Behavior
- Developmental Biology
- Field Biology
- Field Biology
Career Interest and Goals
I want to go into the medical field, and travel to developing countries and provide medical care to those in need.
- Ruffin NeuroLab, Virginia Union University,2016-2017, Dr. Vernon Ruffin
- We studied the relationship between NHE and NFL in multiple sclerosis.
- Sea-Phages Lab, Virginia Union University, 2016-201, Dr. Carleitta Paige-Anderson, Dr. Vernon Ruffin
- We isolated, purified and extract DNA from viruses that infect m-smegmatis. Then, we studied the RNA sequence identifying proteins and their function.
- Symposium Poster HMMI 2017
- International Student Assistant, Wheeling Jesuit University 2018-2019
- I worked with the office of student development planning and organizing different activities for international students and creating awareness of the diversity on campus. Additionally, I was a confident/point person to all international students to go to whenever they felt the need.
- to read one of my favorite poems by Rudyard Kipling
What is your favorite aspect of biology and why?
My favorite aspect of biology is the diversity within the field and everything works cohesively.
What is your favorite aspect of computer science and why?
Computer science has opened up a new field of study, which is improving and making other sciences more efficient.
- BIOL368/S20:Week 1
- BIOL368/S20:Week 2
- BIOL368/S20:Week 3
- BIOL368/S20:Week 4
- BIOL368/S20:Week 5
- BIOL368/S20:Week 6
- BIOL368/S20:Week 8
- BIOL368/S20:Week 9
- BIOL368/S20:Week 10
- BIOL368/S20:Week 13
- BIOL368/S20:Week 14
- lurbinah Week 2
- lurbinah Week 3
- lurbinah Week 4
- lurbinah Week 5
- lurbinah Week 6
- lurbinah Week 7
- lurbinah Week 8
- lurbinah Week 9
- lurbinah Week 10
- lurbinah Week 11
- lurbinah Week 12
- lurbinah Week 13
- lurbinah Week 14
Class Journal Assigments
- BIOL368/S20:Class Journal Week 1
- BIOL368/S20:Class Journal Week 2
- BIOL368/S20:Class Journal Week 3
- BIOL368/S20:Class Journal Week 4
- BIOL368/S20:Class Journal Week 5
- BIOL368/S20:Class Journal Week 6
- BIOL368/S20:Class Journal Week 7
- BIOL368/S20:Class Journal Week 8
- BIOL368/S20:Class Journal Week 9
- BIOL368/S20:Class Journal Week 10
- BIOL368/S20:Class Journal Week 11
- BIOL368/S20:Class Journal Week 12
- BIOL368/S20:Class Journal Week 13
- BIOL368/S20:Class Journal Week 14
- I worked with my partner Karina Vescio, we made sure to have included everything to complete the assignment.
- Except for what is noted above, this individual journal entry was completed by me and not copied from another source.
Lurbinah (talk) 18:30, 22 January 2020 (PST)
OpenWetWare. (2020). BIOL368/S20:Week 1. Retrieved January 22, 2020, from https://openwetware.org/wiki/BIOL368/S20:Week_1