<!-- Start of StatCounter Code -->
<!-- End of StatCounter Code -->
Synthetic Biology Lectures
Foundations for Synthetic Biology
Instructor: Vincent Rouilly
Date: 18th February 2008
Room: Room 1, Whitleys Suite.
- Press Review: what you might have already heard about SB through the mainstream news.
- Seminal papers (oscillator + toggle switch)
- Overview of the current research work + areas of application
- Let's try to define Synthetic Biology (special focus on how SB differs from traditional genetic engineering)
- Overview on the Foundations for Synthetic Biology ( Abstraction / Modularity, Standardisation, and Characterisation / Quality Control) - concepts will be developed further in later lectures -
- Synthetic Biology Community
- Ethics and Impact on Society