IGEM:IMPERIAL/2006/project/Oscillator/project browser/Predator Construct
|Super Parts||Molecular Prey-Predator Oscillator|
|Sub Parts||Test Sensing Predator Construct||Test Killing Predator Construct|
- This part is driving the molecular events associated with the Predator in the Lotka-Volterra model.
- This part has to interface with the Prey-construct.
- To satify the Lotka-Volterra dynamic of the predator, this part has to fulfill 3 properties:
- Promote the growth of the predator-molecule according to the prey and predator populations.
- Kill the prey-molecule according to the population of preys and predators
- Enable the natural death of the predator-molecule
The prey-molecules are an input of the device. They trigger the production of predator-molecules. As a consequence, the output of this device is a new level of prey-molecules, due to killing, in association with a new level of predator-molecules, due to the balance between growth and natural death.
Expected behavior and performancesSystem level specifications
- Getting linear relationship is going to be challenging in a biological system.
- Saturation in the response may have to be taken into account (characterized and defined).