IGEM:IMPERIAL/2006/project/Oscillator/project browser/Full System/TestingValidation
|Super Parts||Not applicable|
|Actual Part||Full System Logo|
|Sub Parts||Prey Molecule Generator||Predator Molecule Generator|
- To see whether oscillations, which match are specifications, are produced. We will have fulfilled our specifications if the oscillations have the following properties:
- Stable oscillations for greater than 10 cycles
- High signal to noise ratio
- Controllable amplitude and frequency
- (Our system is based on the quorum sensing/quenching system so connectivity is an inherent part of our design. However, more research is to be done to fulfil this specification).
- A formal protocol has not been written.
- Methods for testing under consideration are:
- To aliquot the extracellular medium within the chemostat at certain time points and then measure the [AHL] using the T9002/J37016 assay.
- Use a biosensor to measure oscillating output directly (in this case we would be measuring change in pH in the extracellular medium).
- Use High Performance Liquid Chromatography (more research is required).
- The prey construct has been built but still needs to be characterized
- The predator construct still needs to be built