User:Alex J. George
From OpenWetWareJump to navigationJump to search
- Alex J. George
- 1 LMU Drive, MSB #4978
Los Angeles, CA 90045
- Hometown: St. Charles, Missouri
- Email me through OpenWetWare
- Age: 20
- Family: Charlotte and Stephen (Parents), Paul (25 year-old brother), Emily (24 year-old sister), and Michael (17 year-old brother)
- Favorite Interest: Sports. I grew up playing, practicing, and watching all sports. My homepage is ESPN.com in order to always be up to date on the latest news in the sports world. I especially love watching baseball, particularly the St. Louis Cardinals. Although I love living in Los Angeles, I will always be a Cardinals fan.
- St. Louis to LA--Why?: Why not? I loved growing up in St. Louis, but it was time for a change of scenery. The weather in Los Angeles initially attracted me, and then Loyola Marymount and its campus was the finishing touch. I have loved every minute of being in Los Angeles and wouldn't trade my college experience for anyone else's.
- Best Experience: Studying abroad in Madrid, Spain was hands down the best experience of my life. I love to travel and I had never been to Europe before the 2009 Fall Semester. My girlfriend and I traveled to as many cities as possible and created incredible memories (including riding camels in Tangier, Morocco). If you have the opportunity to study abroad, I couldn't recommend it more. I traveled through about 8 different countries and nearly 30 different cities in three and a half months! If you are interested in learning more about the program, email me or if you just want to read cool stories of mine, check out my blog, The REAL Madrid.
Also, I used this helpful spreadsheet to keep track of my expenses. Download it and try it yourself.
- Major: Bachelor of Science in Biology
- Expected Graduation: May, 2011
- Upper Division Courses: Bioinformatics Laboratory, Animal Behavior, Microbiology, Comparative Animal Physiology
- Career Goal: To enter Medical school in order to become an M.D. Type of M.D. not known at this point.
- Favorite Aspect of Biology: Learning useful information about the world around me. I love knowing how systems and processes work, so that I can appreciate the intricacies and details of functions that appear effortless.
- No Week 1 Journal
- Alex J. George Week 2
- Alex J. George Week 3
- Alex J. George Week 4
- Alex J. George Week 5
- Alex J. George Week 6
- Alex J. George Week 7
- Alex J. George Week 8
- Alex J. George Week 9
- Alex J. George Week 10
- Alex J. George Week 11
- Alex J. George Week 12
- Alex J. George Week 13