M1: Day 6 - Arsenic!
How to find and get parts
- Search the parts registry.
- When you find a part you want, click on the "get this part" link located on the right.
- If the part is in the 2009 or 2007 distribution, we should have it (but there is a small chance we won't if it has already been used).
- Send an email to Isis with the following information. All of this info is listed on the 'Get Part' page!:
- Part number
- Distribution (ex. Spring 2007)
- Plate number
- Well number
- Antibiotic resistance
- Isis will send you a confirmation email containing which parts are available to you.
- Isis will transform the parts into E. coli. You will receive a plate with colonies on it. This means it will take at least a day to get your parts.
Some interesting results for those doing a colony PCR
1% and 0.8% agarose (90V)
What can you gather from this gel?
Summary of Procedures
- Colony PCR, arsR biobrick primers, MG1655
- PCR Cleanup Qiagen
- Digestion with EcoRi and SpeI
- Method A: PCR Cleanup Kit only
- Method B: PCR Cleanup Kit + Gel Extraction