CAMRI USER TRAINING INFORMATION
Please be aware that Fiscal year 2022 pricing changes will take effect June 1st and consists of the following changes in regards to training prices:
Scheduled MRI Safety Training session dates:
-Wednesday, May 10th at 11:30am
MRI Training is broken down into 4 stages:
-1 hour MRI Safety course required for all users that will be working or accessing CAMRI facilities.
-Users that will be around the scanner (e.g., bringing in participants, attending scans to run functional tasks, etc) need to have Level 1 training.
-Level 1 training is charged for the first session of training at $250. This session includes one on one training with Lacey for hardware, safety, and protocol procedures specific to your study.
-Level 2 training is charged $500 for the first session at the scanner.
-This training level must still be supervised by a level 2 user and cannot scan independently until they test out.
-This user has successfully tested out and is able to run scans independently without supervision.
-Groups that want to schedule after an hour or scan without CAMRI staff will need to have at least one staff member who is Level 2 trained to attend all sessions.
-Must be completed yearly by all independent users to maintain access level. Recertification sessions are scheduled annually by lab. There is a maximum of 4 users in each session and lab over 4 people must schedule another session.
1 person - $500
2 people - $800
3 people - $1100
4 people - $1300
Any questions regarding training or to sign up for a training session please contact Lacey DeLay at firstname.lastname@example.org
Information on Training Sessions
Introductory stage (Currently being taught via zoom) This user has only taken the 1 hour MRI safety course that is taught monthly. They are allowed to work in CAMRI but they are not allowed to work around the scanner without taking level 1 training.
• If the user has a Baylor badge they will get access to CAMRI upon the completion of the MRI safety course.
• This class is taught once per month and if you are more than 15 minutes late you will need to reschedule for next month.
• All participants will fill out screening forms to ensure they are safe to work in the MRI environment.
This user has successfully completed the MRI safety course and the level 1 training session. The level 1 training session is a 1-hour session in the MRI scanner to learn hardware, safety procedures and review MRI safety course material.
• This user will maintain one’s own safety in a limited set of conditions. They are not responsible for participants and cannot be left alone in the scan room or control room with a participant.
• This user will need to be supervised by a level 2 user at ALL TIMES!
• Hand access to magnet rooms will not be granted until level 2 training is completed.
• This level is REQUIRED to work in MRI environment but only UNDER SUPERVISION (Level 2 Advanced User)
This user has successfully completed the MRI safety course and the Level 1 training session. This training consists of an initial 1.5-hour training session with Lacey to learn the software of the scanner and review level 1 training. Lacey will go over your lab's entire scanning procedure during the training. After completion of the initial training session, the user must shadow their lab members and practice scanning with their lab until they feel confident to perform ALL scanning steps on their own (Including stimulus and functional tasks). Once the user feels they are ready they can schedule a day to test out with Lacey to move to become an Operator. If your lab does not have members to follow for practice please reach out to Lacey for assistance.
Once the user successfully tests out they will receive a BCM badge, badge access to the scan rooms, and the ability to scan subjects on their own. Independent users have the ability to utilize the CAMRI facility after hours and on weekends as well. Level 2 users are highly trained and experienced personnel that can scan independently on their own.
• Work constantly in the MR environment to maintain certification. Recertification testing of level 2 is mandatory once a year. Review courses and recertification tests will be taught once every quarter. Check wiki and contact Lacey DeLay to sign up. Periods of extended non-scanning (6 months) will require recertification to ensure scanning efficiency/safety.
• Be able to supervise and train others in Level 1 or 2 training phases.
Re-certification Training Users are required to complete a re-certification exam annually. This testing session is $500 and is required to maintain certification. Users that need to be reviewed due to non-scanning can contact Lacey for a in scanner review session.
CAMRI SCANNING MANUAL AND GUIDE
Helpful PDF resources
A PDF copy of CAMRI's scanning safety manual can be found: Here.
A PDF document for beginning MRI user basics can be found: Here.
A PDF of MRI safety talk for all participants can be found: Here.
Learning about Neuroimaging
Helpful link with information on neuroimaging and functional MRI classes: