CAMRI Policies and Procedures
A copy of CAMRI's Safety and Operations Policies and Procedures Manual can be found *Click here
CAMRI MRI Scanner Pricing Structure
Please be aware that Fiscal year 2024 pricing changes will take effect on July 1st and consists of the following changes:
- Scan rate: $550/hr
- $250 for level 1 training
- $500 for level 2 training
- 15% of scan session for MRI Tech assistance
Starting July 1, 2023: Bulk pricing with a 20% discount (i.e., $440/h) will be available for users who prepay for 36 hours or more per fiscal year (July 1st, 2023 to June 30th, 2024). Prepaid scans are non-refundable and cannot be carried over to the next fiscal year. Starting July 1st, all scans will be charged an equal rate (no discount for phantom scans and no frequent flyer-free scans).
- Before data collection can begin, the PI must attend all necessary training and submit required documentation, including an IRB-approved protocol and consent form. Click here for an IRB proposal template.
- Scanner time and MR technologist assistance is reserved by emailing CAMRI staff (see below, Booking a Scan). The minimum duration of a scan session is one hour.
- Billing is automatic, based on the amount of scanner time reserved in iLab. See below for the cancellation policy. All cancellation requests should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Credit cards are accepted but prices will be 4% higher than those listed above (equal to the fee charged by our credit card processing service). If a group is using a credit card they must inform Meghan BEFORE they start scanning.
- Non-BCM users should pay by PO or check. Credit cards for payment should only be used as a last resort and will accrue the 4% fee above.
Estimated Future Pricing
Please Note: To account for inflation, scanning fees will be adjusted annually. Therefore, if you are budgeting for grants, we recommend you budget the following::
FY23 (July 1 2022) - $540
FY24 (July 1 2023) - $550
FY25 (July 1 2024) - $565
FY26 (July 1 2025) - $580
FY27 (July 1 2026) - $621
FY28 (July 1 2027) - $661
The above represents inflation-adjusted increase annually with 5 years delay. Only the pricing for FY23 is definite. All future years are subject to change and are only an estimate. We are posting these to give users a guideline at the start of their study so that necessary price increases are not disruptive.
Data Archive Retrieval Fee
If you forgot to back up your data from BOX or the scanner we can retrieve it from archives for $30/session. Please be aware that all sessions are deleted from box and the scanner console every 30 days. Please back up your data after each session.
Booking a Session
- To schedule time on the scanner, you must use the iLab website https://bcm.corefacilities.org/service_center/show_external/3684. Security clearance forms for all non-BCM visitors and lab members will need to be sent to: email@example.com at time of reservation.
- Each person that will be present at the scan (researchers and participants) will need to have clearance to enter the building.
All requests should be sent in a timely manner to ensure security access
To request security access for a visitor please submit the following form to CAMRI:
To have CAMRI staff member reserve the ILAB calendar for you please submit the following form to CAMRI:
Please Note: CAMRI does not control BCM security. We're more than happy to answer questions about how to get access for researchers and participants, but it's the responsibility of the user to know who needs to be there and plan accordingly to get appropriate access.
Cancelling a Session
Updated policy: To facilitate scheduling, we have updated the cancellation policy. Cancellations will be free up until 24 hours before the scheduled scan start time.
Cancellations within 24 hours will be fully charged. We will monitor cancellations to ensure investigators are not overbooking and canceling frequently.
Email all cancellation requests to firstname.lastname@example.org
Running a Session
- All personnel attending a scan should be Level 1 or 2 trained unless they are the participant. Every scan needs at least one Level 2 trained operator to be present for the entire session. If your study does not have a Level 2 trained member of staff, you can coordinate with Lacey to run your scans for you.
- After-hours and weekend scanning sessions can be booked by Level 2 operators only.
- After each session, please fill out the Session Information Form (located in the black tray at the console). Staple the MRI screening form for your participant to your session info form, and place it in the purple folder.
- Users must ensure they book enough time to disinfect and clean up the room after their session. The disinfection checklist is located on the bottom half of the session information form. This must be completed each session!