The BioBricks Foundation:Standards/Technical/BBF WetLab Challenges
From OpenWetWareJump to navigationJump to search
BBF WetLab Challenges
Suggested Mission Statement
To bring the BBF community together ,on a regular basis, to support and challenge the establishment of wet-lab related standards in the area of biological engineering.
- Build critical mass to generate valuable experimental data
- Test reliability and reproducibility of proposed Standards
- Foster BBF community
- BBF enthusiasts
- iGEM students
- Standard Calibration/Measurement procedures:
- Characterisation of basic parts: (Promoters, terminators, RBS, Inverters)
- Distributed 'Design of Experiment' on a specific device/system (for sensitivity/robustness analysis)
- Define a list of parts ,or protocols, to be challenged/characterized --online--
- BFF community vote for the top priority (doodle type) --online--
- Define a common protocol to follow on the day --online--
- Define how the data are going to be stored/shared for future analysis --online--
- Organize wet lab session --face to face--
- Collect data and share them (take pictures and video) --face to face--
- Analysis and discussion of the outcomes --online--
- a new cycle starts ...
- 1-2 days activities (week-end type of events), it is a constrain for some experimental work.
- Every 4-6 months
- Centralized versus Decentratized wet lab organization
- Vincent 05:05, 11 February 2008 (CST): I would prefer centralized as it helps to build community spirit, at least regional-type of gathering.
- Storing and Sharing data generated: Where ? How ? Curation ?
- find a catchy name for the event