We are a computational biology laboratory interested in the following area:
- Develop bioinformatics technologies to gain novel biomedical insight into high throughput sequencing data, including the genome, epigenome, and transcriptome data.
- Study transcriptional regulation mechanisms in (1) normal cell identity determination and (2) cancer development, on the basis of cutting-edge bioinformatics technologies, and in combination with molecular, cellular, and animal experiments.
- Dongyu's paper in collaboration with Sen et al was accepted to Nature Communications, the 13th paper published by our new lab, Cheers!
- We are proud to see that Houston Methodist has been named one of “America’s Best Employers” by Forbes magazine for the second year in a row.
- Dr. Lei La will be a visiting scholar in our lab for 1 year. Dr. La is an Associate Professor at the Southern Medical University Nanfang Hospital ( a top hospital in China). Welcome!
- Kaifu provided a talk in the EB / ASBMB annual meeting 2017.
- Dongyu's first-authorship manuscript for prostate cancer research is submitted, fingers crossed!
- Dongyu's first-authorship manuscript for brain cancer research is submitted, fingers crossed!
- Kaifu and our clinical partner Dr. Bhimaraj received a HMDHVC Research Award for their collaboration on heart recovery research.
- Kaifu and our clinical partner Dr. Reardon received a HMDHVC Research Award for their collaboration on heart cancer research.
- A co-investigator DOD grant is funded (scored at 1.6) for prostate cancer research, we are proud to help generating part of the preliminary data, and will continue to help our collaborator on this project. Great job!
- We become a member of the NCI-Funded Interdisciplinary Approaches to Cancer Metastasis Workshop, and will work together with the workshop to develop highly innovative and collaborative projects on cancer metastasis.
- A co-investigator R01 grant application is funded (scored at 2%ile) for breast cancer research, we are proud to help generating part of the preliminary data, and will continue to help our collaborator on this project. Great job!
- A manuscript is accepted by Elife. Alin and Kaifu are proud to help our collaborator interpret the 17 sets RNA-Seq data. Cheers!
- A manuscript is accepted by the Nature Chemical Biology journal, Jie conducted the RNA-Seq analysis for this project. Cheers!
- Dr. Guangyu Wang from Beijing Institute of Genomiocs will join us as a postdoc soon, welcome!
- Ms. Karen Lai from UT Austin will be an undergraduate intern in our lab this summer, welcome!
- A manuscript is accepted by the Science journal, Kaifu helps supervising the MNase-Seq and ChIP-Seq analysis and is a co-author. Cheers!
- Alin will start his tenure-track faculty position (assistant professor of statistics) at the Manhattan College. Congratulations!
- Bo has joined the lab. Welcome onboard!
- A manuscript is accepted to the Journal of the American Heart Association, Jie and Kaifu are co-authors, cheers!
- A manuscript is accepted to the Nucleic Acids Research, Kaifu is a co-author, cheers!
- Dr. Qingshu Meng will be visiting us for 1 year. Dr. Meng has outstanding background in Genomics research, and is a group leader at Beijing Institute of Genomics. Welcome!
- Kaifu will be an adjunt assistant professor of Texas A&M.
- Dr. Bo Xia from Georgia Tech will join us as a fresh postdoc soon. Dr. Xia is a PhD of biology and Master of computer science. Welcome!
- Jie's paper was accepted by Molecular Cell, congratulations!
- New postdoc position opening.
- Jie's co-first authorship manuscript is under revision at Molecular Cell (IF 14), fingers crossed!
- Kaifu's new manuscript was accepted to the Nucleic Acids Research, thank Alin for his help with the revision work!
- A manuscript was accepted to the Molecular and Cellular Biology, thank Dongyu for his help with the revision work!
- Dr. Jie Lu has joined us as postdoctoral Fellow, welcome onboard!
- Dr. Dongyu Zhao has joined us as postdoctoral Fellow, welcome onboard!
- Our Broad H3K4me3 research work is highlighted by the Cancer Discovery journal (IF 20.26)
- Dr. Alin Tomonaga has joined us as postdoctoral Fellow, welcome onboard!
- Kaifu's data-revisiting paper is accepted to Nature Genetics, we find that conserved broad H3K4me3 uniquely marks tumor suppressor in normal cell types.
- Kaifu's new manuscript is under the 3rd round review at Nature Genetics now.
- Kaifu's MeCP2 mCH-binding paper (with Dr. Zoghbi lab) has been accepted to PNAS.