We are a system biology lab interested in the epigenetic mechanisms that drive the change in cell identity in normal differentiation and tumorigenesis.
- Develop bioinformatics technologies to gain novel biomedical insight into high throughput sequencing data, including the genome, epigenome, and transcriptome data.
- Study transcriptional regulation mechanisms in (1) normal cell identity determination and (2) cancer development, on the basis of cutting-edge bioinformatics technologies, and in combination with molecular, cellular, and animal experiments.
- Dongyu's paper with Shilpa et al got accepted to Molecular Cell, the 19th paper published by our new lab, cheers!
- Dongyu's paper in collaboration with Sen et al was accepted to Nature Communications, the 16th paper published by our new lab, Cheers!
- We are proud to see that Houston Methodist has been named one of “America’s Best Employers” by Forbes magazine for the second year in a row.
- Dr. Lei La will be a visiting scholar in our lab for 1 year. Dr. La is an Associate Professor at the Southern Medical University Nanfang Hospital ( a top hospital in China). Welcome!
- Kaifu provided a talk in the EB / ASBMB annual meeting 2017.
- Dongyu's first-authorship manuscript for prostate cancer research is submitted, fingers crossed!
- Dongyu's first-authorship manuscript for brain cancer research is submitted, fingers crossed!
- We become a member of the NCI-Funded Interdisciplinary Approaches to Cancer Metastasis Workshop, and will work together with the workshop to develop highly innovative and collaborative projects on cancer metastasis.
- A manuscript is accepted by Elife. Alin and Kaifu are proud to help our collaborator interpret the 17 sets of RNA-Seq data. Cheers!
- A manuscript is accepted by the Nature Chemical Biology journal, Jie conducted the RNA-Seq analysis for this project. Cheers!
- Dr. Guangyu Wang from Beijing Institute of Genomiocs will join us as a postdoc soon, welcome!
- Ms. Karen Lai from UT Austin will be an undergraduate intern in our lab this summer, welcome!
- A manuscript is accepted by the Science journal, Kaifu helps supervising the MNase-Seq and ChIP-Seq analysis and is a co-author. Cheers!
- Alin will start his tenure-track faculty position (assistant professor of statistics) at the Manhattan College. Congratulations!
- Bo has joined the lab. Welcome onboard!
- A manuscript is accepted to the Journal of the American Heart Association, Jie and Kaifu are co-authors, cheers!
- A manuscript is accepted to the Nucleic Acids Research, Kaifu is a co-author, cheers!
- Dr. Qingshu Meng will be visiting us for 1 year. Dr. Meng has outstanding background in Genomics research, and is a group leader at Beijing Institute of Genomics. Welcome!
- Kaifu will be an adjunt assistant professor of Texas A&M.
- Dr. Bo Xia from Georgia Tech will join us as a fresh postdoc soon. Dr. Xia is a PhD of biology and Master of computer science. Welcome!
- Jie's paper was accepted by Molecular Cell, congratulations!
- New postdoc position opening.
- Jie's co-first authorship manuscript is under revision at Molecular Cell (IF 14), fingers crossed!
- Kaifu's new manuscript was accepted to the Nucleic Acids Research, thank Alin for his help with the revision work!
- A manuscript was accepted to the Molecular and Cellular Biology, thank Dongyu for his help with the revision work!
- Dr. Jie Lu has joined us as postdoctoral Fellow, welcome onboard!
- Dr. Dongyu Zhao has joined us as postdoctoral Fellow, welcome onboard!
- Our Broad H3K4me3 research work is highlighted by the Cancer Discovery journal (IF 20.26)
- Dr. Alin Tomonaga has joined us as postdoctoral Fellow, welcome onboard!
- Kaifu's data-revisiting paper is accepted to Nature Genetics, we find that conserved broad H3K4me3 uniquely marks tumor suppressor in normal cell types.
- Kaifu's new manuscript is under the 3rd round review at Nature Genetics now.
- Kaifu's MeCP2 mCH-binding paper (with Dr. Zoghbi lab) has been accepted to PNAS.