User:Vincent Rouilly/Open Source Standard Biological Part Registry
Biological Engineering (or Synthetic Biology) aims at applying an engineering approach to building biological systems.
Minimum Information for a Standard Biological Part
To enable a web of registries, it would be important to define a standard way of describing a standard biological part. Such a standard description could help the Biological Engineering community in many ways:
- Ease the development of new registries,
- Enable a certain level of connectivity between registries.
- Offer standard interfaces for 3rd parties services.
- Unique Identifier
- LSID type
- Designer name
- Short Description
- Long Description
- need of an ontology (controlled vocabulary) of standard biological part types.
- Assembly Standard
- like 'BioBrick' or other. Will have an impact on the scare type too.
- DNA Sequence
- Persistent Objects
- Object-Oriented Databases