- Prep 1 mL fiber samples for analysis
- Centrifuge your samples and remove the supernatant.
- Leave the tubes open so that rest of the water can evaporate
- If your samples from yesterday didn't work, remake them
- Make 500 mL of 10 mM Tris buffer, pH 9
- Make 500 mL of 10 mM phosphate buffer, pH 7
- Use the meter at your bench to check the pH and conductivity of you samples
- You will need to calibrate for each measurement
- I will check your buffers when you are finished
- You will have to make each buffer until your readings (pH and conductivity) come out to reasonable numbers
- The phosphate buffer should be made using only sodium phosphate (dibasic) and sodium phosphate (monobasic) this will set the pH AND conductivity of your sample
- The conductivity of your Tris buffer will change a bit and will reflect a higher ion concentration than your 10 mM Tris would suggest.
- Add experimental record here. Include what, how, and why...
- Add data and results here...
This area is for any observations or conclusions that you would like to note.
Use categories like tags. Change the "Course" category to the one corresponding to your course. The "Miscellaneous" tag can be used for particular experiments, as instructed by your professor. Please be sure to change or delete this tag as required so that the categories remain well organized.