- Threw out glass waste
- Put everything back in the -20 freezer that was defrosted yesterday
- Worked on bringing list of glycerol stocks up to date
- In progress: went through Yeast 3 box and wrote down all strains. However, some are mis-labeled from when Lauren and Andrew couldn't read my handwriting. Need to follow up.
- Also need to check that ones I specifically wanted to recover actually had glycerols made!
- Worked with Lauren and Andrew to make sure we have a complete list of strains tested for growth at different temperatures
- They consolidated the spreadsheets that we had; I need to go over them to now double-check it now that everything is in one place.
- Lauren and Andrew set up their OpenWetware User pages using the Dahlquist:Wiki Checklist protocol
- Alondra finished the micropipetting lab and moved onto sterile technique lab
- Alondra was assigned journal club articles, the pre-print from David Arnosti and:
- Gutenkunst RN, Waterfall JJ, Casey FP, Brown KS, Myers CR, and Sethna JP. Universally sloppy parameter sensitivities in systems biology models. PLoS Comput Biol. 2007 Oct;3(10):1871-78. DOI:10.1371/journal.pcbi.0030189 |
- Throw away old samples from the -80°C freezer
- Clean Nalgene carboys from BIOL 478 lab
- Throw out old plates from the refrigerator
- Fill shaking water bath in cold room