User:Jessie Wang Lectures Mod2
Lecture 1 Intro to Expression Engineering (10/11)
Why Gene Expression?
- Disease is from mis-expression
- Expression is part of cellular reactions to environment
- Make things that are useful from gene expression regulation
- Silencing/timing of gene expression regulate growth and development
Lecture 3 Writing Papers
Writing an Introduction
- Organized ideas/brainstorm what to write (based on previous knowledge and research conducted)
- Created an empty shell of the structure (to be filled), i.e., an outline
- Tried to think of larger story used to open the intro; what would the audience relate to?
- Find the information (do research on databases, in readings, etc.)
- Find out what info you need to find (look through previous outline, decide what you're uncertain about)
- Look at lab notebook, assignment, experimental protocol, class Wiki
- Decide what was relevant (based on background reading)