- Run UV-vis for 18 samples with lysozyme as the protein. Full concentration details can be found here or below under Data.
- Test solutions made according to these concentrations on 9/13 or below under Data.
- On 9/13, solutions were placed into the oven at 80°C for 4 hours.
- UV-vis data was run on each of the 18 samples of different pHs and fructose concentrations.
- After each individual sample was run, the sample was saved and the cuvette cleaned out twice with soap, twice with H2O, twice with HCl, and twice more with H2O. The cuvette was then dried thoroughly.
Table 1 UV-vis solutions made for [Fructose]=.125mM
Table 2 UV-vis solutions made for [Fructose]=.25mM
Figure 1 Absorbance v wavelength of lysozyme in 0.125 mM concentration of fructose
Figure 2 Absorbance at 527 nm at various pH's in 0.125 mM concentration of fructose
Figure 3 Absorbance v wavelength of lysozyme in 0.25 mM concentration of fructose
Figure 4 Absorbance at 527 nm at various pH's in 0.25 mM concentration of fructose
All Figures in the above data are baseline and water corrected.
After taking the UV-vis samples out of the 80°C oven, pH 11 for both Fructose concentrations showed a precipitate form. pH 12 did not show this precipitate.