User:Erykah I Walton
- ewalton3 at lion dot lmu dot edu
- Email Erykah I Walton through OpenWetWare
- Erykah Walton 1 LMU Drive MSB#6513 Los Angeles, CA 90045-2659
- LMU homepage
- Biology major at Loyola Marymount University
- Expected Graduation: 2022
- Upper Division Courses: General Physiology, General Physiology Lab, Epidemiology
Career Interests and Goals
I am interested in public health and medicine, especially as it relates to the prevalence of infectious diseases in particular communities. I will apply to medical school following graduation.
- Bioinformatics SARS-CoV-2 Research (August 2020-Present)
- Faculty: Dr. Dahlquist
- Examining the impacts of TMPRSS2 single nucleotide polymorphisms on the suspectiblity to and severity of the SARS-CoV-2 virus
- Research Page
- LMU Academic Community of Excellence (August 2019-Present)
- Program Assistant
- Contact prospective students about program, train new workers, schedule and execute event logistics
- LMU Biology Department (August 2020-Present)
- Biology Peer Mentor/Co-leader of People of Color in STEM Group
- Develop activities and share enriching ways for first year students to find academic, social, and professional success while at LMU
- Going to new restaurants with friends
- Stargazing and Meteor Showers
Even though it is a very expansive field, Biology always returns to answering the question of how living organisms respond to challenges in their environment. When this lens is applied to humans, our seemingly mundane motivations and habits can be appreciated for their incredible complexity.
- I received help from Annika Dinulos and Madeleine King. I asked them questions via Zoom about the specific links to include on my user page on September 3, 2020 and they assisted me.
- I copied and modified the syntax for creating a wiki user page from BIOL 368 Week 1.