- Biophysics Group
- Universidad de los Andes
- Bogotá, Colombia, South America
- 2011- 2017 PhD. Degree
Physics. State University of Campinas, UNICAMP, Campinas, Brazil
Title: Investigation of physical-chemical characteristics of the bacterium Xylella fastidiosa and their biofilms.
Advisor: Mônica Alonso Cotta
- 2009 - 2011 MSc Degree – Physics.
State University of Campinas, UNICAMP, Campinas, Brazil
Title: Identification of biological structures by atomic force microscopy.
Advisor: Mônica Alonso Cotta
- 2001 - 2009 Bachelor Degree – Physics.
National University of Colombia, UNAL, Bogotá, Colombia
Title: Design and construction of a spray pyrolysis chamber for growing thin films of MoO3
Advisor: Néstor Jaime Torres Salcedo
Currently, I use microfluidic chips and and SPIM system to study the phenomenon of persistence of Escherichia coli bacteria as function of their location within a biofilm.
- R. Janissen, D. M. Murillo, B. Niza, P. K. Sahoo, M. M. Nobrega, C. L. Cesar, M. L. A. Temperini, H. F. Carvalho, A. A. de Souza & M. A. Cotta. Spatiotemporal distribution of different extracellular polymeric substances and filamentation mediate Xylella fastidiosa adhesion and biofilm formation. Sci. Rep. 5, 1–10 (2015).
- J. Hernández – Montelongo, V. F. Nascimento, D. Murillo; T. B. Taketa; P. Sahoo, A. A. de Souza, M. M. Beppu, M. M. Cotta. Nanofilms of hyaluronan/chitosan assembled layer-by-layer: An antibacterial surface for Xylella fastidiosa. Carbohydr. Polym. 136, 1–11 (2016).
- P. Sahoo, R. Janissen, M. P. Monteiro, A. Cavalli, D. M. Murillo, M. V. Merfa, C. L. Cesar, Hernandes F. Carvalho, A. A. de Souza, E. P. A. M. Bakkers, M. A. Cotta. Nanowire Arrays as Cell Force Sensors To Investigate Adhesin-Enhanced Holdfast of Single Cell Bacteria and Biofilm Stability. Nano Letters. 16, p.acs.nanolett.6b01998 - 4664, (2016).
- A. da Silva Santiago, J. Mendes, C.A. dos Santos, M. A. S. de Toledo, L. L. Beloti, A. Crucello, M. A. C. Horta, M. T. de Pinho Favaro, D. M. M. Munar, A. A. de Souza, M. A. Cotta, A. P. de Souza. The Antitoxin Protein of a Toxin-Antitoxin System from Xylella fastidiosa Is Secreted via Outer Membrane Vesicles. Frontiers in Microbiology, 7, p.1/2030 (2016).
Participation in Events
- Poster Presentation / 10th European Biophysics Congress. Investigation on Xylella fastidiosa biofilms: from single cell adhesion to mature architecture. Dresden, Germany, 2015.
- Presentation of Poster / International Scanning Probe Force Microscopy Conference. Bacterial biofilm formation: A Kelvin Probe Force Microscopy study. Armação de Buzios, Brazil. 2015.
- Presentation of Poster / XXXVIII Brazilian Physical Society Meeting 2015. Bacterial cell adhesion and biofilm formation investigated by Kelvin Probe Force Microscopy. Foz de Iguaçu, Brazil. 2015.
- Presentation of Poster / European School on Nanoscience and Nanotechnologies ESONN 2012. Bacterial adhesion and biofilm formation investigated by Kelvin Probe Force Microscopy. Grenoble, France. 2012.
Member of organizing committee / XI Young Researchers Meeting. (Congress, Event Production). Campinas, Brazil. 2011