To synthesize BSA-AuNPs and run UV-Vis on the invertase-AuNP solutions created yesterday.
Preparing Invertase-AuNP Samples for UV-Vis
- Centrifuge 1mL of the sample for 30 min at max rpm.
- Take UV-Vis measurements of the samples.]
Solutions with the following Au:protein ratio were run on the UV-Vis:
- Gold to Invertase Ratio
Creating the Gold Stock Solution
- Add 0.0562 g of HAuCl4·3H2O to a 50 mL volumetric flask and fill with distilled water.
- The final concentration of gold stock was 2.85 mM.
Creating the BSA Stock Solution
- Add 0.0260 g of BSA to a 25 mL volumetric flask and fill with distilled water.
- The final concentration of BSA stock was 15.65 μM.
Solutions with the following Au:protein ratio were synthesized:
- Gold to BSA Ratio
- As seen below, the corresponding amount of protein was added to a 50 mL volumetric flask and filled with distilled water. The samples were made in small test tubes and capped with aluminum foil.
- The samples were heated at 80°C for 4 hours.