- Synthesis of new BSA solution from the first day's procedure.
- Sonication of the HgNO3 solution as it started to precipitate.
- The settings were 31C for 10 mins. There was still precipitate
- I added another 5 minutes on the same settings. There was still precipitate.
- I checked on the mixture that was in the hood from Tuesday
- The temperature was around 85, not as I planned it to be.
- The color of the solution was dark as well.
- turned the variac off, to add the sodium sulfide later
- Synthesis of Sodium Sulfide
- to make 4mL of 20 mM of sodium sulfide
- 0.0191g was measured
- Addition of Sodium Sulfide to solution
- Sodium Sulfide was added to the mixture
- stirred vigorously for 15 mins
- no heat involved
- the final mixture was put in a dark falcon tube and saved
- The color of the final mixture was still dark.