Twitter Feed - Tweets by RT
- 11/16/2023 - Jefferson students and faculty enjoyed the great 19th annual PCMD symposium. Special congratulations to Carly Smith on her poster award! Check it out here.
- 11/6/2023 - Dr. Tomlinson is glad to receive pilot funding from the Oklahoma Nathan Shock Center (NSC) to study the role of osteoblast-derived NGF in skeletal redox balance. Looking forward to cool results!
- 10/13/2023 - Congratulations to graduate student Alexandra Ciuciu who presented 2 posters at the American Society for Bone and Mineral Research (ASBMR) annual meeting. Dr. Tomlinson also participated in the meeting as a "Meet the Professor" invited speaker.
- 6/12/2023 - Dr. Tomlinson is officially promoted to Associate Professor. Woohoo!
- 3/13/2023 - Eric McLaughlin, a recent Temple graduate in bioengineering, joins the lab today as a research technician. Welcome, Eric!
- 2/6/2023 - Congratulations to postdoctoral fellow Sam Rajpar on the acceptance of her article “Toll-like receptor 4 signaling in osteoblasts is required for load-induced bone formation in mice” in iScience!
- 2/6/2023 - Congratulations to research fellow Ashkan Sedigh on the acceptance of his article “Approximating Scaffold Printability Utilizing Computational Methods” in Biofabrication!
- 11/16/2022 - Jefferson researchers enjoyed the 18th annual PCMD Symposium, with 11 posters presented from the group. Check it out here. Congratulations to all!
- 10/24/2022 - Dr. Tomlinson's secondary appointment in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery was approved by the Board of Trustees. Congratulations!
- 10/18/2022 - Congratulations to Ashkan Sedigh for acceptance of his article "Optimizing Mineralization of Bioprinted Bone Utilizing Type-2 Fuzzy Systems" in Biophysica! Read it here!
- 9/22/2022 - Congratulations to postdoc Sam Rajpar for a great talk at the Jefferson Postdoctoral Research Symposium. Her podium presentation was entitled "Role of Toll-like Receptor 4 in Mechanical Load-induced Bone Formation".
- 9/11/2022 - Nohael Cherian, a coop student from Drexel University, joined the lab. Welcome, Nohael!
- 9/9/2022 - The lab received a Notice of Award from the NIH for an UH2 project entitled, "Single cell analysis of healthy and diseased temporomandibular joint synovial fluid". This three year award will support a new clinical research thrust to identify novel therapeutic targets that address TMJ-related pain. We are grateful for the support of the NIDCR and NIH Office of the Director!
- 6/1/2022 - Congratulations to Alexandra Ciuciu who was selected to receive an Alice L. Jee Young Investigator Award to attend the ORS 49th International Musculoskeletal Biology Workshop at Snowbird, July 23-27, 2022! She will be presenting the abstract titled, "Naproxen decreases bone toughness in a COX2-independent manner, reduces osteocyte dendrite number, and impairs perilacunar canalicular remodeling".
- 3/30/2022 - PhD Candidate Alexandra (Sandra) Ciuciu was accepted into the ASBMR Student Cohort for 2022. Congratulations! More info here.
- 2/4/2022 - Postdoc Sam Rajpar and Dr. Tomlinson attended ORS 2022, where Sam presented her abstract "Toll-like Receptor 4 is Required for Load-induced Bone Formation and Regulates Nerve Growth Factor Expression in Osteoblasts". Congratulations, Sam! You can spot her in the official 2022 photo gallery here.
- 12/30/2021 - Congratulations to Ashkan Sedigh on acceptance of his manuscript "Enhancing precision in bioprinting utilizing fuzzy systems" in Bioprinting. Check it out.
- 7/13/2021 - Congratulations to Hattanas Kumchai for being selected for a 2021 ASBMR Young Investigator Awards for the ECTS Digital Ph.D. Trainee Course!
- 6/16/2021 - Congratulations to Devin Grace Morrison for publication of her excellent review available here - "Leveraging advancements in tissue engineering for bioprinting dental tissues". Incredible work from an undergraduate who has now left the lab for bigger and better things. Congrats!
- 5/11/2021 - Congratulations to Sam and our collaborators at the Rothman Institute on our new paper here - "Circulating inflammatory cytokines alter transcriptional activity within fibrotic tissue of Dupuytren's disease patients". We think this manuscript will have a major impact on future therapeutic efforts to combat Dupuytren's Disease. Congrats!
- 3/31/2021 - Congratulations to Ashkan on his new preprint here - "Comparison of Type-1 and Type-2 Fuzzy Systems for Mineralization of Bioprinted Bone"! Great story and collaboration.
- 2/19/2021 - Sandra gave an outstanding Research in Progress presentation for the CBRM graduate program. Congrats Sandra!
2020 and older
- 9/23/2020 - Pleased to announce a new review entitled, "The Role of Nerves in Skeletal Development, Adaptation, and Aging" was published today. Read the whole open access review here. Great collaboration with Blaine Christiansen and Damian Genetos!
- 8/31/2020 - Congratulations to Gabby and Phuong for their contributions to their preprint entitled "The TrkA agonist gambogic amide augments skeletal adaptation to mechanical loading through actions on sensory nerves and osteoblasts" - more info here!
- 8/24/2020 - Pleased to welcome Hattanas Kumchai to the team as a rotating PhD student in CBRM/OMFS combined training program. Welcome!
- 3/20/2020 - The Tomlinson Lab is ramping down research activities in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. We have decided to work from the beach!
- 2/3/2020 - We were pleased to be featured in ORS Connect: "Pain Relief at a Price: Naproxen May Adversely Affect Stress Fracture Risk and Repair", which covered our ORS 2019 annual meeting oral presentation. Special thanks to Dr. Brittany Wilson for writing it up!
- 10/4/2019 - Ryan gave a talk at Rowan University on current laboratory efforts regarding inflammatory signaling in osteogenic mechanical loading. It was a great time. Go Owls!.
- 9/23/2019 - Ryan and Gabby both gave talks at ASBMR 2019, which was in Orlando, FL this year. Congratulations to Gabby, who won an ASBMR New Investigator award -- her oral presentation on the effects of GA on both sensory nerves and osteoblasts was well-received with great questions!
- 9/1/2019 - Welcome to Hanna Nesfeder, who joins us today as a Co-Op student from Drexel University. Welcome, Hanna!
- 7/15/2019 - Dr. Sam Rajpar joined the lab as a postdoctoral fellow today! We are glad to welcome her from Virginia Tech, where she completed her PhD regarding phenotypic differences in endogenous tendon stem cells. Welcome, Sam!
- 6/17/2019 - Through the STEMPREP project headed by Dr. Moses Williams, we were able to welcome Robbie Blalock to our research group. He is a high school student who will be studying the effects of NSAIDs on perilacunar remodeling this summer. Welcome, Robbie!
- 6/3/2019 - We are glad to welcome Devin Morrison and Jino Park (back) as summer undergraduate researchers. Devin is working on 3D bioprinting, and Jino is working on molecular determinants of pain following total knee replacement. Welcome!
- 4/17/2019 - Jino's paper entitled "Naproxen impairs load-induced bone formation, reduces bone toughness,and diminishes woven bone formation following stress fracture in mice" came out today in Bone. Twitter thread about this project here. Congratulations, Jino!
- 4/1/2019 - Lauren Israel, an undergraduate student in Biological Sciences at Drexel University, joined the lab as a co-op student. She will be working on NGF-TrkA signaling in bone. Welcome, Lauren!
- 3/15/2019 - The lab received a Notice of Award from the NIH for an R01 project entitled, "NGF-TrkA Signaling in Load-Induced Bone Formation". This five year award will support the main thrust of the laboratory to determine the upstream regulators and downstream targets of NGF-TrkA signaling in bone following osteogenic mechanical loading. We are grateful for the support of the NIH!
- 3/13/2019 - Bing Xia joined the laboratory as a visiting scholar. Bing is the Associate Chief Physician in the Department of Pediatric Orthopedics at Zhengzhou University in China. Welcome, Bing!
- 2/28/2019 - The lab received a Notice of Award from the NIH for an R03 project entitled, "NGF-TrkA Signaling in Dental Implant Osseointegration and Osseoperception". This two year award will support a new area of research in the laboratory that we hope will lead to improvements in dental implant osseointegration. We are grateful for the support and excited to get started!
- 2/1/2019 - Ryan and other investigators from the department attended ORS 2019 annual conference in Austin, TX. Ryan gave an oral presentation on the effects of Naproxen on bone. Also, congratulations to Mak for participating in the ORS debate on IVD degeneration (Mechanics or Biology?)!
- 9/28/2018 - Phuong made an excellent presentation on her work regarding the effects of gambogic amide on load-induced bone formation at ASBMR 2018 Annual Conference. Nice job, Phuong!
- 9/26/2018 - We published our first manuscript on bioRxiv today, based off of Jino's work on Naproxen and Aspirin. Read it here!.
- 7/19/2018 - Emily Rumpf, a MS student jointly advised by Dr. Freeman & Tomlinson, successfully defended her thesis today! Congratulations, Emily!
- 7/8/2018 - Gabriella Fioravanti, a recent graduate of Case Western Reserve University, joined the laboratory as a research technician today. Welcome, Gabby!
- 6/28/2018 - Phuong Hua's work on gambogic amide was selected for a plenary poster at ASBMR 2018 in Montréal, Québec, Canada. Congratulations, Phuong!
- 6/25/2018 - Nicholas Pizzi, a student in the Jefferson PhD Program in Cell Biology & Regenerative Medicine, started his rotation in the lab today. Welcome, Nic!
- 6/4/2018 - Nicholas Ruggiero, a recent graduate of the University of Delaware, joined the laboratory as a research technician today. Welcome, Nick!
- 5/29/2018 - Dylan Chayes, a medical student at Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine, joined the lab today. Welcome!
- 4/11/2018 - Congratulations to Emily, who won the Sigma Xi poster competition today at TJU! Nice job!
- 4/10/2018 - Ryan received a John Haddad Young Investigator Award and presented at the AIMM 2018 annual meeting in Snowmass, CO. Thanks to Joy Wu for taking a picture of the award winners!
- 4/8/2018 - Ryan attended the US Bone and Joint Initiative: Young Investigator Initiative in Rosemont, IL. Great time and a lot of work on an upcoming grant submission. Group Picture.
- 4/2/2018 - Welcome to Bianca Magsino and Manisha Rajaghatta, both undergraduates from Drexel University, who joined the lab today! Also congratulation to Phuong on her new position at W. L. Gore & Associates - we're sorry to see you go!
- 3/10/2018 - Emily gave a podium presentation at ORS 2018 entitled, "The Role of LPC and LPA in Osteoarthritis-Related Ossification and Pain". The abstract is available here. Congratulations to Emily for her great work!
- 2/15/2018 - Ryan is named a 2018 ASBMR John Haddad Young Investigator Award Winners and will present at the Advances in Mineral Metabolism meeting in Snowmass later this year. Details here!
- 12/21/2017 - We received notice today of funding through the Provost's Pilot Clinical Research Award! In this project, "The Molecular Basis of Persistent Pain Following Total Knee Arthroplasty", we will be correlating expression of pain-related pathways in synovial tissue and fluid with measures of persistent pain following total knee replacements. We are very pleased to be collaborating with Dr. Maxwell Courtney from the Rothman Institute and Drs. Bartolozzi and Cavinatto from Jefferson-Aria-3B Orthopaedics!
- 11/15/2017 - Jino, Phuong, and Emily represented the lab at PCMD Symposium 2017, while Ryan was out on paternity leave.
- 11/8/2017 - Emily's paper was accepted for an oral presentation at Orthopaedic Research Society 2018. Congratulations Emily!
- 9/25/2017 - Kimberly Huang has joined the lab as a co-op student - Welcome Kim!
- 9/11/2017 - Jino and Ryan enjoyed a great trip to Denver to present two posters from the Tomlinson Lab. Both of us in front of Jino's poster on NSAIDs and Stress Fracture.
- 8/25/2017 - We were excited to hear that our collaborative project with Dr. Mark Wang (Rothman Institute) and Dr. George Feldman (Orthopaedic Surgery) entitled "Prospective Identification of Patients at Risk for Dupuytren’s Disease Progression or Recurrence" was funded by JeffSolves Fibrosis. We're looking forward to working together!
- 8/3/2017 - The lab went to support our STEMPrep summer students at their presentations - (photo). Congratulations Jebron and Kennedy!
- 7/27/2017 - Our collaborative project with Dr. Diecidue and Taub of the Department of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery titled "The Role of NSAIDs in Dental Implant Osseointegration" was selected for funding by the Osteo Science Foundation. We're grateful for the support and hope that our results will reduce the number of preventable dental implant failures.
- 5/25/2017 - Ryan accidentally dropped in on JeffDESIGN (pic) during their workshop. Really cool space! Check out this recent writeup.
- 4/17/2017 - "NGF-TrkA signaling in sensory nerves is required for skeletal adaptation to mechanical loads in mice" by Tomlinson and colleagues was published in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences. Congratulations to all authors!
- 4/6/2017 - Emily Rumpf, a MS student in Pharmacology, has joined the lab. She will be co-mentored by Drs. Tomlinson and Freeman. Welcome, Emily!
- 4/3/2017 - Phuong Hua and Sonali Govande have joined the lab as co-op students. Welcome!
- 3/23/2017 - Our department enjoyed a great time at the Orthopaedic Research Society 2017 annual meeting. Here we are at Meze. Congratulations to all the presenters!
- 2/20/2017 - Our department is planning to hire a junior faculty member. The official job posting is here. Feel free to contact me to discuss the position.
- 12/9/2016 - Ryan and Jino completed training for our new SkyScan 1275 microCT scanner from Bruker. #nice
- 12/7/2016 - Jino Park has joined the lab as a research technician. Welcome, Jino!
- 9/17/2016 - Ryan gives a plenary oral presentation entitled "Sensory Nerve Signals Mediate Skeletal Adaptation to Mechanical Loads" at ASBMR 2016 annual meeting in Atlanta, GA.
- 9/1/2016 - Tomlinson Lab officially established at TJU.