Twitter Feed - Tweets by RT
- 3/15/2019 - The lab received a Notice of Award from the NIH for an R01 project entitled, "NGF-TrkA Signaling in Load-Induced Bone Formation". This five year award will support the main thrust of the laboratory to determine the upstream regulators and downstream targets of NGF-TrkA signaling in bone following osteogenic mechanical loading. We are grateful for the support of the NIH!
- 3/13/2019 - Bing Xia joined the laboratory as a visiting scholar. Bing is the Associate Chief Physician in the Department of Pediatric Orthopedics at Zhengzhou University in China. Welcome, Bing!
- 2/28/2019 - The lab received a Notice of Award from the NIH for an R03 project entitled, "NGF-TrkA Signaling in Dental Implant Osseointegration and Osseoperception". This two year award will support a new area of research in the laboratory that we hope will lead to improvements in dental implant osseointegration. We are grateful for the support and excited to get started!
- 2/1/2019 - Ryan and other investigators from the department attended ORS 2019 annual conference in Austin, TX. Ryan gave an oral presentation on the effects of Naproxen on bone. Also, congratulations to Mak for participating in the ORS debate on IVD degeneration (Mechanics or Biology?)!
- 9/28/2018 - Phuong made an excellent presentation on her work regarding the effects of gambogic amide on load-induced bone formation at ASBMR 2018 Annual Conference. Nice job, Phuong!
- 9/26/2018 - We published our first manuscript on bioRxiv today, based off of Jino's work on Naproxen and Aspirin. Read it here!.
- 7/19/2018 - Emily Rumpf, a MS student jointly advised by Dr. Freeman & Tomlinson, successfully defended her thesis today! Congratulations, Emily!
- 7/8/2018 - Gabriella Fioravanti, a recent graduate of Case Western Reserve University, joined the laboratory as a research technician today. Welcome, Gabby!
- 6/28/2018 - Phuong Hua's work on gambogic amide was selected for a plenary poster at ASBMR 2018 in Montréal, Québec, Canada. Congratulations, Phuong!
- 6/25/2018 - Nicholas Pizzi, a student in the Jefferson PhD Program in Cell Biology & Regenerative Medicine, started his rotation in the lab today. Welcome, Nic!
- 6/4/2018 - Nicholas Ruggiero, a recent graduate of the University of Delaware, joined the laboratory as a research technician today. Welcome, Nick!
- 5/29/2018 - Dylan Chayes, a medical student at Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine, joined the lab today. Welcome!
- 4/11/2018 - Congratulations to Emily, who won the Sigma Xi poster competition today at TJU! Nice job!
- 4/10/2018 - Ryan received a John Haddad Young Investigator Award and presented at the AIMM 2018 annual meeting in Snowmass, CO. Thanks to Joy Wu for taking a picture of the award winners!
- 4/8/2018 - Ryan attended the US Bone and Joint Initiative: Young Investigator Initiative in Rosemont, IL. Great time and a lot of work on an upcoming grant submission. Group Picture.
- 4/2/2018 - Welcome to Bianca Magsino and Manisha Rajaghatta, both undergraduates from Drexel University, who joined the lab today! Also congratulation to Phuong on her new position at W. L. Gore & Associates - we're sorry to see you go!
- 3/10/2018 - Emily gave a podium presentation at ORS 2018 entitled, "The Role of LPC and LPA in Osteoarthritis-Related Ossification and Pain". The abstract is available here. Congratulations to Emily for her great work!
- 2/15/2018 - Ryan is named a 2018 ASBMR John Haddad Young Investigator Award Winners and will present at the Advances in Mineral Metabolism meeting in Snowmass later this year. Details here!
- 12/21/2017 - We received notice today of funding through the Provost's Pilot Clinical Research Award! In this project, "The Molecular Basis of Persistent Pain Following Total Knee Arthroplasty", we will be correlating expression of pain-related pathways in synovial tissue and fluid with measures of persistent pain following total knee replacements. We are very pleased to be collaborating with Dr. Maxwell Courtney from the Rothman Institute and Drs. Bartolozzi and Cavinatto from Jefferson-Aria-3B Orthopaedics!
- 11/15/2017 - Jino, Phuong, and Emily represented the lab at PCMD Symposium 2017, while Ryan was out on paternity leave.
- 11/8/2017 - Emily's paper was accepted for an oral presentation at Orthopaedic Research Society 2018. Congratulations Emily!
- 9/25/2017 - Kimberly Huang has joined the lab as a co-op student - Welcome Kim!
- 9/11/2017 - Jino and Ryan enjoyed a great trip to Denver to present two posters from the Tomlinson Lab. Both of us in front of Jino's poster on NSAIDs and Stress Fracture.
- 8/25/2017 - We were excited to hear that our collaborative project with Dr. Mark Wang (Rothman Institute) and Dr. George Feldman (Orthopaedic Surgery) entitled "Prospective Identification of Patients at Risk for Dupuytren’s Disease Progression or Recurrence" was funded by JeffSolves Fibrosis. We're looking forward to working together!
- 8/3/2017 - The lab went to support our STEMPrep summer students at their presentations - (photo). Congratulations Jebron and Kennedy!
- 7/27/2017 - Our collaborative project with Dr. Diecidue and Taub of the Department of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery titled "The Role of NSAIDs in Dental Implant Osseointegration" was selected for funding by the Osteo Science Foundation. We're grateful for the support and hope that our results will reduce the number of preventable dental implant failures.
- 5/25/2017 - Ryan accidentally dropped in on JeffDESIGN (pic) during their workshop. Really cool space! Check out this recent writeup.
- 4/17/2017 - "NGF-TrkA signaling in sensory nerves is required for skeletal adaptation to mechanical loads in mice" by Tomlinson and colleagues was published in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences. Congratulations to all authors!
- 4/6/2017 - Emily Rumpf, a MS student in Pharmacology, has joined the lab. She will be co-mentored by Drs. Tomlinson and Freeman. Welcome, Emily!
- 4/3/2017 - Phuong Hua and Sonali Govande have joined the lab as co-op students. Welcome!
- 3/23/2017 - Our department enjoyed a great time at the Orthopaedic Research Society 2017 annual meeting. Here we are at Meze. Congratulations to all the presenters!
- 2/20/2017 - Our department is planning to hire a junior faculty member. The official job posting is here. Feel free to contact me to discuss the position.
- 12/9/2016 - Ryan and Jino completed training for our new SkyScan 1275 microCT scanner from Bruker. #nice
- 12/7/2016 - Jino Park has joined the lab as a research technician. Welcome, Jino!
- 9/17/2016 - Ryan gives a plenary oral presentation entitled "Sensory Nerve Signals Mediate Skeletal Adaptation to Mechanical Loads" at ASBMR 2016 annual meeting in Atlanta, GA.
- 9/1/2016 - Tomlinson Lab officially established at TJU.