This is the homepage (wiki) for Physics 307L at the University of New Mexico.
This site is hosted on OpenWetWare. Many of the links on the left (such as "Main Page") will take you to other OWW pages. Any page that begins with "Physics307L" is a page we have created specifically for this course. Everything we do for the course, except confidential letter grades, are carried out in public on this wiki. This includes primary lab notebooks, summaries, formal report rough and final drafts, and all of the instructor feedback. Thus, we're carrying out open science and we're enjoying it. One of the best results of this open science course is that students have been reading and citing each other's work and learning how to be open scientists at a very early point in their careers.
If you're a visitor to the course and wondering how it works, here are some suggested links
- Physics307L:People. Since this is an open science course, the people in the course are the most important part and they create the content. From this page, you can click on a student's "my page for the course" to find their notebook, summaries, and formal reports. Most of the students have created a bunch of very good work to look at. Here is a link to one of the best students: Physics307L:People/Klimov
- Course Goals. These goals need to be revised, but you can get an idea of what we're trying to achieve here.
Lecture: Mondays 1:00 to 1:50 pm P&A room 5
Labs (choose one): Mondays 2:00 to 4:50 pm P&A room 135
Wednesdays 2:00 to 4:50 P&A room 135
The Fall 2008 Physics 307L course (led by Dr. Koch) will be an evolution of the previous semesters led by Dr. Gold. You can find a wealth of information on his website for the course. The experiments offered are likely to be the same as those offered in previous years. (See Schedule for list of experiments.) Any significant changes will be discussed during the first class meeting.
P&A Fall 2009 Schedule
Recent updates to the course
List of abbreviations:
- This edit created a new page (also see list of new pages)
- This is a minor edit
- This edit was performed by a bot
- The page size changed by this number of bytes
21 January 2020