Publications (*†equal contribution)
101. "Evaluation of Intraoperative Near-Infrared Fluorescence Visualization of the Lung Tumor Margin
With Indocyanine Green Inhalation" Yu Hua Quan, Chan Hee Oh, Daeho Jung, Ji-Young Lim,
Byeong Hyeon Choi, Jiyun Rho, Yeonho Choi, Kook Nam Han, Beop-Min Kim, Chungyeul Kim,
Ji-Ho Park*, and Hyun Koo Kim*, JAMA Surgery (2020) in press.
100. "Anti-metastatic effects of plant sap-derived extracellular vesicles in a 3D microfluidic cancer
metastasis model" Kimin Kim, Jik-Han Jung, Hye Ju Yoo, Jae-Kyung Hyun, Ji-Ho Park, Dokyun Na,
and Ju Hun Yeon, Journal of Functional Biomaterials (2020) in press.
99. "Nanomedicine for the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis" Moonkyoung Jeong and Ji-Ho Park,
Mol. Pharm. (2020) in press.
98. "Affinity-Driven Design of Cargo-Switching Nanoparticles to Leverage a Cholesterol-Rich
Microenvironment for Atherosclerosis Therapy" Heegon Kim, Sandeep Kumar, Dong-Won Kang,
Hanjoong Jo, and Ji-Ho Park, ACS Nano (2020) in press.
97. "Convection-Enhanced Delivery of Liposomal Drugs for Effective Treatment of Glioblastoma
Multiforme" Yunho Han and Ji-Ho Park, Drug Delivery and Translational Research (2020) in press.
96. "Plant Aap-Derived Extracellular Vesicles as Anticancer Agents on Various Tumor Cell Types"
Kimin Kim, Hye Ju Yoo, Jik-Han Jung, Ruri Lee, Jae-Kyung Hyun, Ji-Ho Park, Dokyun Na, and
Ju Hun Yeon, Journal of Functional Biomaterials (2020) in press.
95. "Phage Display-Identified PD-L1-binding Peptides Reinvigorate T-cell Activity and Inhibit
Tumor Progression" Smriti Gurung, Fatima Khan, Jae Do Yoo, Uttapol Permpoon,
Gowri Rangaswamy Gunassekaran, Sri Murugan Poonkavithai Vadevoo, Sang-Hyun Kim,
In-San Kim, Hyeonjeong Han, Ji-Ho Park, Soyoun Kim, and Byungheon Lee, Biomaterials (2020)
94. "Antitumor Efficacy of Focused Ultrasound-MFL Nanoparticles Combination Therapy in Mouse
Breast Cancer Xenografts" Daehyun Kim†, Junhee Han†, So Yeon Park, Ji-Ho Park*,
and Hak Jong Lee*, Materials (2020) in press.
93. "Gold Nanorods with an Ultrathin Anti-biofouling Siloxane Layer for Combinatorial Anticancer
Therapy" Jinjoo Kim, Hyeongseop Keum, Hansol Kim, Byeongjun Yu, Wonsik Jung,
Changhee Whang, Changjin Seo, Ji-Ho Park and Sangyong Jon, Journal of Drug Targeting (2020)
92. "Cyclodextrin Polymer Improves Atherosclerosis Therapy and Reduces Ototoxicity" Heegon Kim,
Junhee Han, and Ji-Ho Park, Journal of Controlled Release 319 (2020) 77-86.
91. "Extracellular Vesicles-Polyphenol Nanoaggregates for MicroRNA-Based Cancer Diagnosis"
Minjeong Jang, Giwoong Choi, Yoon Young Choi, Jae Eun Lee, Jik-Han Jung, Dai Hoon Han,
Seung Won Oh, Haeshin Lee, Ji-Ho Park, Jae-Ho Cheong, and Pilnam Kim, NPG Asia Materials
90. "Rekindling RNAi Therapy: Materials Design Requirements for In Vivo siRNA Delivery"
Byungji Kim, Ji-Ho Park, and Michael J. Sailor, Advanced Materials (2019) 1903637.
89. "Single-Cell Photothermal Neuromodulation for Functional Mapping of Neural Networks"
Sangjin Yoo, Ji-Ho Park*, and Yoonkey Nam*, ACS Nano 13 (2019) 544-551.
88. "Self-targeted Knockdown of CD44 Improves Cisplatin Sensitivity of Chemoresistant Non-Small Cell
Lung Cancer Cells" Yu Hua Quan, Ji-Young Lim, Byeong Hyeon Choi, Yeonho Choi, Young Ho Choi,
Ji-Ho Park*, and Hyun Koo Kim* Cancer Chemotherapy and Pharmacology 83 (2019) 399–410.
87. "Single-molecule Co-immunoprecipitation Reveals Functional Inheritance of EGFRs in Extracellular
Vesicles" Mi Sook Sung†, Jik-Han Jung†, Cherlhyun Jeong, Tae-Young Yoon*, and Ji-Ho Park*,
Small 14 (2018) e1802358.
86. "Tranilast-delivery surgical sutures to ameliorate wound healing by reducing scar formation
through regulation of TGF-β expression and fibroblast recruitment" Sung Yoon Choi,
Byung Hwi Kim, Beom Kang Huh, Woong Jeong, Min Park, Hyo Jin Park, Ji-Ho Park,
Chan Yeong Heo, and Young Bin Choy, J. Ind. Eng. Chem. 67 (2018) 469-477.
85. "Effective Delivery of Exogenous Compounds to the Optic Nerve by Intravitreal Injection of
Liposome" Junsung Lee, Unbyeol Goh, Ji-Ho Park, Sang-Woo Park, and Hwan Heo,
Korean J. Ophthalmol. 32 (2018) 417-423.
84. "Macrophage-Mediated Exocytosis of Elongated Nanoparticles Improves Hepatic Excretion and
Cancer Phototherapy" Nuri Oh, Yongjoo Kim, Hee-Seok Kweon, Wang-Yuhl Oh, and Ji-Ho Park,
ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces 34 (2018) 28450-28457.
83. "Liposomal Borrelidin for Treatment of Metastatic Breast Cancer" Moonkyoung Jeong,
Heegon Kim, Sunghoon Kim, and Ji-Ho Park, Drug Deliv. Transl. Res. 8 (2018) 1380-1388.
82. "The Potential of Exosomes Derived from Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia Cells as a Biomarker"
Ka-Won Kang, Jik-Han Jung, Woojune Hur, Jaena Park, Hyunku Shin, ByeongHyeon Choi,
Hyesun Jeong, Dae Sik Kim, Eun Sang Yu, Se Ryeon Lee, Hwa Jung Sung, Seok Jin Kim,
Chul Won Choi, Hyun Koo Kim, Sunghoi Hong, Ji-Ho Park, Yeonho Choi, Yong Park, and
Byung Soo Kim, Anticancer Res. 38 (2018) 3935-3942.
81. "Immunogene Therapy with Fusogenic Nanoparticles Modulates Macrophage Response to
Staphylococcal aureus infection" Byungji Kim, Hong-Bo Pang, Jinyoung Kang, Ji-Ho Park,
Erkki Ruoslahti, and Michael J. Sailor, Nature Communications 9 (2018) 1969.
80. "Enhanced Performance of a Molecular Photoacoustic Imaging Agent by Encapsulation in
Mesoporous Silicon Nanoparticles" Jinyoung Kang, Dokyoung Kim, Junxin Wang, Yunho Han,
Jonathan M. Zuidema, Ali Hariri, Ji-Ho Park, Jesse V. Jokerst, and Michael J. Sailor, Adv. Mater.
30 (2018) 1800512.
79. "Porous Materials for Immune Modulation" Moonkyoung Jeong†, Hansol Kim†, and Ji-Ho Park,
Open Material Sciences 4 (2018) 1-14.
78. "Evaluation of cell penetrating peptide coated Mn:ZnS nanoparticles for paclitaxel delivery to
cancer cells" N. Sanoj Rejinold, Yunho Han, Jisang Yoo, Hae Yong Seok, Ji-Ho Park, and
Yeu-Chun Kim, Scientific Reports 8 (2018) 1899.
77. "Photothermally-Amplified Therapeutic Liposomes for Effective Combination Treatment of
Cancer" Hwan-Jun Yoon†, Hye-Seong Lee†, Jik-Han Jung†, Hyun-Koo Kim, and Ji-Ho Park,
ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces 10 (2018) 6118-6123.
76. "Enhanced Photodynamic Cancer Treatment by Mitochondria-Targeting and Brominated Near-
Infrared fluorophores" Il Koo Noh, Daeyong Lee, Heegon Kim, Seongdong Jeong, Yunsoo Lee,
Ji-Ho Park, and Yeu-Chun Kim, Advanced Science 5 (2018) 1700481 (Cover article).
75. "Label-free high-resolution 3-D imaging of gold nanoparticles inside live cells with optical diffraction
tomography" Doyeon Kim†, Nuri Oh†, Kyoohyun Kim, Sang Yun Lee, Chan-Gi Pack, Ji-Ho Park*,
and YongKeun Park*, Methods 136 (2018) 160-167.
74. "Ultrasound-Mediated Drug Delivery by Gas Bubbles Generated from a Chemical Reaction"
Sungmun Lee, Leena Al-Kaabi, Aurélie Mawart, Ahsan Khandoker, Habiba Alsafar, Herbert F.
Jelinek, Kinda Khalaf, Ji-Ho Park, and Yeu-Chun Kim, J. Drug Targeting 26 (2018) 172-181.
73. "In Vivo Cellular-level Real-time Pharmacokinetic Imaging of Free-form and Liposomal Indocyanine
Green in Liver" Yoonha Hwang, Hwanjun Yoon, Kibaek Choe, Jinhyo Ahn, Jik Han Jung,
Ji-Ho Park, and Pilhan Kim, Biomedical Optics Express 8 (2017) 4706-4716.
72. "Surgical Suture Releasing Macrophage-targeted Drug-loaded Nanoparticles for an Enhanced
Anti-inflammatory Effect" Hansol Kim, Byung Hwi Kim, Beom Kang Huh, Yeon Chun Yoo,
Chan Yeong Heo, Young Bin Choy, and Ji-Ho Park, Biomaterials Sci. 5 (2017) 1670-1677.
71. "Exosome Classification by Pattern Analysis of Surface-Enhanced Raman Spectroscopy Data for
Lung Cancer Diagnosis" Jaena Park, Miyeon Hwang, ByeongHyeon Choi, Hyesun Jeong,
Jik-Han Jung, Hyun Koo Kim, Sunghoi Hong, Ji-Ho Park, and Yeonho Choi, Anal. Chem. 89 (2017)
70. "Cooperative Tumor Cell Membrane Targeted Phototherapy" Heegon Kim, Junsung Lee,
Chanhee Oh, and Ji-Ho Park, Nature Communications (2017) 15880.
- Featured in KAIST news (July 5, 2017)
- Featured in many Korean networks and newspapers (YTN, Maekyung and Aisatoday)
69. “Intratumoral depletion of regulatory T cells using CD25-targeted photodynamic therapy in a
melanoma mouse model induces anti-tumoral immune responses" Dong Sun Oh†, Heegon Kim†,
Ji Eun Oh, Hi Eun Jung, Yun Soo Lee, Ji-Ho Park*, and Heung Kyu Lee*, Oncotarget 8 (2017)
68. “Gold Nanorod-based Photo-PCR System for One-Step, Rapid Detection of Bacteria" Jinjoo Kim†,
Hansol Kim†, Ji-Ho Park*, and Sangyong Jon*, Nanotheranostics 1 (2017) 178-185.
67. “Liposomal Indocyanine Green for Enhanced Photothermal Therapy" Hwan-Jun Yoon*,
Hye-Seong Lee*, Ji-Young Lim, and Ji-Ho Park, ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces 9 (2017) 5683–5691.
66. “Mechanisms and Barriers in Cancer Nanomedicine: Addressing Challenges, Looking for Solutions"
Thomas J. Anchordoquy, Yechezkel Barenholz, Diana Boraschi, Michael Chorny, Paolo Decuzzi,
Marina Dobrovolskaia, Z. Shadi Farhangrazi, Dorothy Farrell, Alberto Gabizon,
Hamidreza Ghandehari, Biana Godin, Ninh M. La-Beck, Julia Ljubimova, S. Moein Moghimi,
Len Pagliaro, Ji-Ho Park, Dan Peer, Erkki Ruoslahti, Natalie J. Serkova, and Dmitri Simberg
ACS Nano 11 (2017) 12–18.
65. “Polypeptide-based polyelectrolyte complexes overcoming the biological barriers of oral
insulin delivery" Yongjoon Jeong, Daeyong Lee, Kibaek Choe, Pilhan Kim, Ji-Ho Park, and
Yeu-Chun Kim, J. Ind. Eng. Chem. 48 (2017) 79-87.
64. “Effective Retinal Penetration of Lipophilic and Lipid-Conjugated Hydrophilic Agents Delivered
by Engineered Liposomes" Junsung Lee*, Unbyeol Goh*, Hyoung-Jin Lee, Jiyoung Kim,
Moonkyoung Jeong, and Ji-Ho Park, Mol. Pharm. 14 (2017) 423-430.
63. “Liposomal delivery systems for intestinal lymphatic drug transport" Hyeji Ahn, and Ji-Ho Park,
Biomaterials Res. 20 (2016) 36.
62. “Zein-alginate based oral drug delivery systems: protection and release of therapeutic proteins"
Sungmun Lee, Yeu-Chun Kim, and Ji-Ho Park, Int. J. Pharm. 515 (2016) 300-306.
61. “Macrophage-Targeted Indocyanine Green-Neomannosyl Human Serum Albumin for
Intraoperative Sentinel Lymph Node Mapping in Porcine Esophagus" Hyun Koo Kim, Yu Hua Quan,
Yujin Oh, Ji Yong Park, Ji-Ho Park, Yeonho Choi, Yun-Sang Lee, Jae Min Jeong,
Young Ho Choi, and Beop-Min Kim, Ann. Thorax. Surg. 102 (2016) 1149-1155.
60. “Exosome engineering for efficient intracellular delivery of soluble proteins using optically
reversible protein-protein interaction module" Nambin Yim, Seung-Wook Ryu, Kyungsun Choi,
Kwang Ryeol Lee, Seunghee Lee, Hojun Choi, Jeongjin Kim, Mohammed R Shaker, Woong Sun,
Ji-Ho Park, Daesoo Kim, Won Do Heo, and Chulhee Choi, Nature Comm. 7 (2016) 12277.
59. “Cell-free production and streamlined assay of cytosol-penetrating antibodies" Seung Eui Min,
Kyung-Ho Lee, Seong-Wook Park, Tae Hyun Yoo, Chan Hee Oh, Ji-Ho Park, Sung Yun Yang,
Yong-Sung Kim, and Dong-Myung Kim, Biotechnol. Bioeng. 113 (2016) 2107-2112.
58. “Magnetophoretic sorting of single cell-containing microdroplets" Younggeun Jo, Fengshan Shen,
Young Ki Hahn, Ji-Ho Park, and Je-Kyun Park, Micromachines 7 (2016) 56.
57. “Electro-Optical Neural Platform Integrated with Nanoplasmonic Inhibition Interface" Sangjin Yoo,
Raeyoung Kim, Ji-Ho Park*, and Yoonkey Nam*, ACS Nano 10 (2016) 4271-4281.
56. “Cellular Engineering with Membrane Fusogenic Liposomes to Produce Functionalized Extracellular
Vesicles" Junsung Lee*, Hyoungjin Lee*, Unbyeol Goh*, Jiyoung Kim, Moonkyoung Jeong,
Jean Lee, and Ji-Ho Park, ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces 8 (2016) 6790- 6795.
55. “Intraoperative pulmonary neoplasm identification using near-infrared fluorescence imaging"
Hyun Koo Kim, Yu Hua Quan, Byeong Hyeon Choi, Ji-Ho Park, Kook Nam Han, Yeonho Choi,
Beop-Min Kim and Young Ho Choi, Eur. J. Cardio-Thoracic Surg. 49 (2016) 1497-1502.
54. “In‑vitro cytotoxicity assessment of carbon‑nanodot‑conjugated Fe‑aminoclay (CD‑FeAC) and
its bio‑imaging applications" Kyoung Suk Kang, Hyun Uk Lee, Moon Il Kim, So Young Park,
Sung‑Jin Chang, Ji-Ho Park, Yun Suk Huh, Jouhahn Lee, Mino Yang, Young‑Chul Lee and
Hyun Gyu Park, J. Nanobiotechnology 13 (2015) 88.
53. “One-wave optical phase conjugation mirror by actively coupling arbitrary light fields into a
single-mode reflector” KyeoReh Lee, Junsung Lee, Jung-Hoon Park, Ji-Ho Park, and
YongKeun Park, Phys. Rev. Lett. 115 (2015) 153902.
52. “Immunoglobulin Fc-fused, neuropilin-1-specific peptide shows efficient tumor tissue penetration
and inhibits tumor growth via anti-angiogenesis” Ye-Jin Kim, Jeomil Bae, Tae-Hwan Shin,
Se Hun Kang, Moonkyoung Jeong, Yunho Han, Ji-Ho Park, Seok-Ki Kim and Yong-Sung Kim,
J. Control. Release 216 (2015) 56-68.
51. “Enhanced delivery of liposomes to lung tumor through targeting interleukin-4 receptor on both
tumor cells and tumor endothelial cells” Lianhua Chia, Moon-Hee Naa, Hyun-Kyung Jung,
Sri Murugan Poongkavithai Vadevoo, Cheong-Wun Kim, Guruprasath Padmanaban, Tae-In Park,
Jae-Yong Park, Ilseon Hwang, Keon Uk Park, Frank Liang, Maggie Lu, Ji-Ho Park, In-San Kim,
and Byung-Heon Lee, J. Control. Release 209 (2015) 327–336.
50. “Liposome-Based Engineering of Cells to Package Hydrophobic Compounds in Membrane
Vesicles for Tumor Penetration” Junsung Lee*, Jiyoung Kim*, Moonkyoung Jeong, Hyoungjin Lee,
Unbyeol Goh, Hyaeyeong Kim, Byungji Kim, and Ji-Ho Park, Nano Lett. 15 (2015) 2938-2944.
- Featured in KAIST news (April 6, 2015) and Medicine Maker magazine (June 2, 2015)
- Featured in many Korean networks and newspapers (KBS, TJB, and Joongang)
49. “In Vivo Multi-Photon Luminescence Imaging of Cerebral Vasculature and Blood-Brain Barrier
Integrity Using Gold Nanoparticles” Hwan-Jun Yoon*, Eek-Sung Lee*, Minseok Kang, Yong Jeong,
and Ji-Ho Park, J. Mater. Chem. B 3 (2015) 2935-2938 (*equal contribution).
48. “Establishment of Controlled Insulin Delivery System Using Glucose-Responsive Double-Layered
Nanogel” Dae Yong Lee, Kibaek Choe, Yong Jun Jeong, Ji-Sang Yoo, Sung Mun Lee, Ji-Ho Park,
Pilhan Kim and Yeu-Chun Kim, RSC Advances 5 (2015) 14482-14491.
47. “Bio-Inspired Nanotadpoles with Component-Specific Functionality” Hyelim Kang, Shin-Hyun Kim,
Seung-Man Yang, and Ji-Ho Park, J. Mater. Chem. B (Cover Article) 2 (2014) 6462-6466.
46. “Photothermal Inhibition of Neural Activity with Near-Infrared-Sensitive Nanotransducers” Sangjin
Yoo, Soonwoo Hong, Yeonho Choi, Ji-Ho Park*, and Yoonkey Nam*, ACS Nano 8 (2014)
8040-8049 (*equal contribution).
45. “Selective Photosensitizer Delivery into Plasma Membrane for Effective Photodynamic Therapy”
Jiyoung Kim*, Olavo Amorim Santos*, and Ji-Ho Park, J. Control. Release 191 (2014) 98-104
44. “Surface Chemistry of Gold Nanoparticles Mediates Their Exocytosis in Macrophages” Nuri Oh
and Ji-Ho Park, ACS Nano, 8 (2014) 6232-6241.
43. “Angle-Resolved Light Scattering of Individual Rod-Shaped Bacteria Based on Fourier Transform
Light Scattering” YoungJu Jo, JaeHwang Jung, Jee Woong Lee, Della Shin, HyunJoo Park,
Ki Tae Nam, Ji-Ho Park, and YongKeun Park, Scientific Report 4 (2014) 5090.
42. “Highly sensitive and selective anticancer effect by conjugated HA-cisplatin in non-small
cell lung cancer overexpressed with CD44” Yu Hua Quan, Byungji Kim, Ji-Ho Park, Yeonho Choi,
Yeongho Choi, and Hyun Koo Kim, Exp. Lung Res. 40 (2014) 475-484.
41. “Dual-Wavelength Band Spectroscopic Optical Frequency Domain Imaging Using Plasmon-Resonant
Scattering in Metallic Nanoparticles” Tae Shik Kim, Sun-Joo Jang, Nuri Oh, Yongjoo Kim,
Taejin Park, Ji-Ho Park, and Wang-Yuhl Oh, Optics Letters 39 (2014) 3082-3085.
40. “Plasmonic Liposomes for Synergistic Photodynamic and Photothermal Therapy”
Jeongmin Oh*, Hwanjun Yoon*, and Ji-Ho Park, J. Mater. Chem. B 2 (2014) 2592-2597 (*equal
39. “Endocytosis and Exocytosis of Nanoparticles in Mammalian Cells” Nuri Oh and Ji-Ho Park,
Int. J. Nanomedicine 9 (2014) 51-63.
38. “Enhancement of the Photocytotoxic Efficiency of Sub-12-nm Therapeutic Polymeric Micelles with
Increased Colocalisation in Mitochondria” Kyuha Chong, Taeyun Ku, Phei Er Saw,
Chulhee Choi*, and Ji-Ho Park*, Chem. Comm. (Cover Article) 49 (2013) 11476-11478 (*equal
37. “Nanoparticle Platforms for Combined Photothermal and Photodynamic Therapy”
Jeongmin Oh*, Hwanjun Yoon*, and Ji-Ho Park, Biomed. Eng. Lett. 3 (2013) 67-73 (*equal
36. “Surgical Suture Assembled with Polymeric Drug-delivery Sheet for Sustained, Local Pain-relief”
Ji Eun Lee, Subin Park, Min Park, Myung Hun Kim, Chun Gwon Park, Seung Ho Lee,
Sung Yoon Choi, Byung Hwi Kim, Hyo Jin Park, Ji-Ho Park, Chan Yeong Heo and Young Bin Choy,
Acta Biomaterialia 9 (2013) 8318-8327.
35. “Nanoparticle Amplification via Photothermal Unveiling of Cryptic Collagen Binding Sites”
Justin H. Lo, Geoffrey von Maltzahn, Jacqueline Douglass, Ji-Ho Park, Michael J. Sailor,
Erkki Ruoslahti, and Sangeeta N. Bhatia, J. Mater. Chem. B 1 (2013) 5235-5240.
34. “In Vivo Clearance and Toxicity of Monodisperse Iron Oxide Nanocrystals” Luo Gu, Ronnie H.
Fang, Michael J. Sailor, and Ji-Ho Park, ACS Nano 6 (2012) 4947-4954.
33. “Hybrid Nanoparticles for Detection and Treatment of Cancer” Michael J. Sailor, and Ji-Ho Park,
Adv. Mater. 24 (2012) 3779-3802.
32. “Different Effect of Hydrogelation on Anti-Fouling and Circulation Properties of Dextran-Iron Oxide
Nanoparticles” Priya Prakash Karmali, Ying Chao, Ji-Ho Park, Michael J. Sailor, Erkki Ruoslahti and
Dmitri Simberg, Mol. Pharmaceutics 9 (2012) 539-545.
31. “Nanowire-Based Single Cell Endoscopy” Ji-Ho Park*, Ruoxue Yan*, Yeonho Choi, Chuljoon Heo,
Seung-Man Yang, Luke P. Lee, and Peidong Yang. Nature Nanotech. 7 (2012) 191-196 (*equal
- Featured in LBL News(Dec 20, 2011), Epoch Times(Dec 24, 2012), KAIST news (Jan 10, 2012),
Nature Method. [9 (2012) 128], Optics & Photonics Focus (Feb 8, 2012), and
Nature Nanotechnology [7 (2012) 148-149].
- Featured in many Korean newspapers (Dong-a, Joongang, Hankyung, Digital Times,
Financial News, ET news and so on)
30. “Nanoparticles that Communicate In Vivo to Amplify Tumour Targeting” Geoffrey von Maltzahn, Ji-
Ho Park, Kevin Y. Lin, Neetu Singh, Christian Schwöppe, Rolf Mesters, Wolfgang E. Berdel, Erkki
Ruoslahti, Michael J. Sailor, and Sangeeta N. Bhatia, Nature Mater.10 (2011) 545-552
- Featured in Nature news(Jun 19, 2011), MIT news (Jun 20, 2011), UCSD news (Jun 20,
2011), Nature Mater. [10 (2011) 482-483], Chemical & Engineering News (Jun 27, 2011), Scientific
American (Jul 8, 2011), Nature Rev. Cancer [11 (2011) 537], The Economist (Sep 3, 2011), and
Nature Outlook [491 (2012) S58-S60].
Prior to joining KAIST (2004 ~ 2010),
29. “NMR Relaxation and Magnetic Properties of Superparamagnetic Nanoworms” Yves Gossuin,
Sabrina Disch, Quoc L. Vuong, Pierre Gillis, Raphael P. Hermann, Ji-Ho Park, and Michael J. Sailor.
Contrast Media Mol. Imaging 5 (2010) 318-322
28. “Magnetic Luminescent Porous Silicon Microparticles for Localized Delivery of Molecular Drug
Payloads” Luo Gu, Ji-Ho Park, Duong Kim, Erkki Ruoslahti, and Michael J. Sailor. Small (Frontispiece)
22 (2010) 2546-2552
27. “Nanoparticle-Induced Vascular Blockade in Human Prostate Cancer” Lilach Agemy, Kazuki N.
Sugahara, Venkata Ramana Kotamraju, Kunal Gujraty, Olivier M. Girard, Yuko Kono, Robert F.
Mattrey, Ji-Ho Park, Michael J. Sailor, Ana I. Jimenez, Carlos Cativiela, David Zanuy, Francisco J.
Sayago, Carlos Aleman, Ruth Nussinov and Erkki Ruoslahti, Blood 116 (2010) 2847-2856
26. “Cooperative Nanoparticles for Tumor Detection and Photothermally Triggered Drug Delivery” Ji-
Ho Park, Geoffrey von Maltzahn, Luvena Ong, Andrea Centrone, T. Alan Hatton, Erkki Ruoslahti,
Sangeeta N. Bhatia, and Michael J. Sailor. Adv. Mater. 22 (2010) 880-885
Featured as “Advances in Advance” and NCI/NIH Nanotech News (Mar, 2010)
25. “Cooperative Nanomaterial System to Sensitize, Target, and Treat Tumors” Ji-Ho Park, Geoffrey von
Maltzahn, Mary Jue Xu, Valentina Fogal, Venkata Ramana Kotamraju, Erkki Ruoslahti, Sangeeta N.
Bhatia, & Michael J. Sailor. PNAS 107 (2010) 981-986
- Featured in “This Week in PNAS”
- Featured in UCSD news (Jan 4, 2010), MIT news (Jan 6, 2010), NCI/NIH Nanotech News (Jan,
2010),Nature Reviews Drug Discovery[Research highlight, 9 (March 2010) 194], The Epoch Times
(Mar 10, 2010), Laboratory News (Mar 11, 2010) and The Scientist (Apr 2010, volume 24, page 69).
24. “Contact Activation of Kallikrein-Kinin System by Superparamagnetic Iron Oxide Nanoparticles in
vitro and in vivo” Dmitri Simberg, Wan-Ming Zhang, Sergei Merkulov, Keith McCrae, Ji-Ho Park,
Michael J. Sailor and Erkki Ruoslahti. J. Controlled Release 140 (2009) 301-305
23. “A Surface Charge Study on Cellular Uptake Behavior of F3 Peptide Conjugated Iron Oxide
Nanoparticles” Yu Zhang, Mo Yang, Ji-Ho Park, Michael J. Sailor, Mihri Ozkan, and Cengiz Ozkan,
Small 5 (2009) 1990-1996
22. “SERS-Coded Gold Nanorods as a Multifunctional Platform for Densely-Multiplexed Near-Infrared
Imaging and Photothermal Heating” Geoffrey von Maltzahn, Andrea Centrone, Ji-Ho Park,
Renuka Ramanathan, Michael J. Sailor, T. Alan Hatton, Sangeeta N. Bhatia, Adv. Mater. 21 (2009)
- Featured in Nature Mater. [8 (2009) 453-454], NCI/NIH Nanotech News (Jun, 2009)
21. “Differential Proteomics Analysis of the Surface Heterogeneity of Dextran Iron Oxide Nanoparticles
and the Implications for Their In Vivo Clearance” Dmitri Simberg, Ji-Ho Park, Priya Karmali,
Wan-Ming Zhang, Sergei Merkulov, Keith McCrae, Sangeeta N. Bhatia, Michael J. Sailor, and
Erkki Ruoslahti, Biomaterials, 30 (2009) 3926-3933
20. “Computationally Guided Photothermal Tumor Therapy Using Long-Circulating Gold Nanorod
Antennas” Geoffrey von Maltzahn, Ji-Ho Park, Amit Agrawal, Nanda Kishor Bandaru, Sarit K. Das,
Michael J. Sailor, and Sangeeta N. Bhatia, Cancer Res. (Cover Article), 69 (2009) 3892-3900
- Featured in Nature Mater. [8(2009) 453-454], NCI/NIH Nanotech News (Jun, 2009)
19. “Biodegradable Luminescent Porous Silicon Nanoparticles for in vivo Applications” Ji-Ho Park, Luo
Gu, Geoffrey von Maltzahn, Erkki Ruoslahti, Sangeeta N. Bhatia, and Michael J. Sailor, Nature Mater.
8 (2009) 331-336
- Featured in UCSD news (Feb 23, 2009), Technology Review (Feb 23, 2009), Chemical &
Engineering News (Feb 24, 2009), NCI/NIH Nanotech News (Mar, 2009),Nature Mater. [8 (2009)
252-253], Discovery Channel (Mar 30, 2009), Future Oncology (Apr, 2009, 5(3) 289), Materials
today (Apr 12, 2009), and NSF Discovery Article inthe front page of NSF website (May 4, 2009).
- Selected as the FAST BREAKING PAPER in Materials Science in Science Watch (Apr 2010, which
had the highest percentage increase in citations in Essential Science Indicators of Thomson
- Selected as one of their 20 "Landmark Articles" in 10-year-old Nature Materials (Aug 2012).
18. “Systematic Surface Engineering of Magnetic Nanoworms for in vivo Tumor Targeting” Ji-Ho Park,
Geoffrey von Maltzahn, Lianglin Zhang, Austin M. Derfus, Dmitri Simberg, Todd J. Harris,
Sangeeta N. Bhatia, Erkki Ruoslahti, and Michael J. Sailor, Small, 5 (2009) 694-700
17. “Oxidation-Triggered Release of Fluorescent Molecules or Drugs from Mesoporous Si
Microparticles" Elizabeth C. Wu, Ji-Ho Park, Jennifer S. Park, Ester Segal, Frédérique Cunin, and
Michael J. Sailor, ACS Nano, 2 (2008) 2401-2409
16. “Micellar Hybrid Nanoparticles for Simultaneous Magneto-Fluorescent Imaging and Drug Delivery”
Ji-Ho Park, Geoffrey von Maltzahn, Erkki Ruoslahti, Sangeeta N. Bhatia, and Michael J. Sailor, Angew.
Chem. Int. Ed. 47 (2008) 7284-7288
- Featured in UCSD news (Sep 12, 2008),NCI/NIH Nanotech News (Sep, 2008)
15. “In vivo Tumor Cell Targeting with “Click” Nanoparticles” Geoffrey von Maltzahn*, Yin Ren*, Ji-Ho
Park, Dal-Hee Min, Venkata Ramana Kotamrju, Jayanthi Jayakumar, Valentina Fogal, Michael J.
Sailor, Erkki Ruoslahti, and Sangeeta N. Bhatia, Bioconjugated Chem. 19 (2008) 1570-1578 (*equal
- Listed as "The most accessed article" in Bioconjugate Chemistry during 2008
14. “Protease-Triggered Unveiling of Bioactive Nanoparticles” Todd J. Harris, Geoffrey von Maltzahn,
Matthew E. Lord, Ji-Ho Park, Amit Agrawal, Dal-Hee Min, Michael J. Sailor, and Sangeeta N. Bhatia,
Small. 4 (2008) 1307-1312
13. “Magnetic Iron Oxide Nanoworms for Tumor Targeting and Imaging” Ji-Ho Park, Geoffrey von
Maltzahn, Lianglin Zhang, Michael P. Schwartz, Sangeeta N. Bhatia, Erkki Ruoslahti, and Michael J.
Sailor, Adv. Mater. (Cover Article) 20 (2008) 1630-1635
- Featured as “Advances in Advance”- Featured in UCSD news (May 6, 2008), MRS news (May 8,
2008), Discovery Channel (May 12, 2008), ABC news (May 13, 2008), FOX news live with live
interview(May 14, 2008), Technology Review (May 14, 2008), NCI/NIH Nanotech News (May 21,
2008), Materials Views (June, 2008), Analytical Chemistry(July 1, 2008),Popular Science (Nov,
2008) and Illustreret Videnskab (Nov, 2008).
- Listed as "The most accessed article" in Advanced Materials in May 2008
- Listed as "The most accessed article" in Advanced Materials in Feb 2008–Jan 2009
- Listed as "The Best of Advanced Materials“ from Jan 2008 through Jun 2009.
12. “Nanoparticle Self-Assembly Directed by Antagonistic Kinase and Phosphatase Activities” Geoffrey
von Maltzahn*, Dal-Hee Min*, Yingxin Zhang, Ji-Ho Park, Todd J. Harris, Michael Sailor, and
Sangeeta N. Bhatia, Adv. Mater. 19 (2007) 3579-3582 (*equal contribution)
11. “Nanoparticle Self-Assembly Gated by Logical Proteolytic Triggers” Geoffrey von Maltzahn, Todd J
Harris, Ji-Ho Park, Alexander J Schmidt, Michael J. Sailor, and Sangeeta N. Bhatia, J. Am. Chem. Soc.
129 (2007) 6064-6065
- Featured in Research Highlights of Nature Nanotech (2 (2007) 336) and NCI/NIH Nanotech News
10. “Biomimetic Amplification of Nanoparticle Homing to Tumors” Dmitri Simberg, Tasmia Duza, Ji Ho
Park, Markus Essler, Jan Pilch, Lianglin Zhang, Austin M. Derfus, Meng Yang, Robert M. Hoffman,
Sangeeta N. Bhatia, Michael Sailor and Erkki Ruoslahti, Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA. 104 (2007) 932-
- Featured in NCI/NIH Nanotech News (Jan 16, 2007), Research Highlights of Nature Nanotech
(Jan 26, 2007) and MIT news (Feb 1, 2007)
9. “Local Heating of Discrete Droplets Using Magnetic Porous Silicon-Based Photonic Crystals” Ji-Ho
Park, Austin M. Derfus, Ester Segal, Kenneth S. Vecchio, Sangeeta N. Bhatia, and Michael J. Sailor, J.
Am. Chem. Soc. 128 (2006) 7938-7946
- Featured in New Scientist (issue 2555, 10 June 2006, page 32), and Research Highlights of Lab
on a Chip (6 (2006) 1115).
8. “Bioactivity of Calcium Phosphate Coatings Prepared by Electrodeposition in a Modified Simulated
Body Fluid” Ji-Ho Park, Doug-Youn Lee, Keun-Taek Oh, Yong-Keun Lee, Kwang-Mahn Kim, and
Kyoung-Nam Kim, Materials Letters 60 (2006) 2573–2577
7. “Nerve Regeneration with the Use of a Poly(L-lactide-co-glycolic acid)-Coated Collagen Tube Filled
with Collagen Gel” Doug-Youn Lee, Byung-Ho Choi, Ji-Ho Park, Shi-Jiang Zhu, Byung-Young Kim, Jin-
Young Huh, Seoung-Ho Lee, Jae-Hyung Jung, and Sung-Hoon Kim, Journal of Cranio-Maxillofacial
Surgery 34 (2006) 50–56
6. “Preparation and Characterization of Magnetic Chitosan Particles for Hyperthermic Application” Ji-
Ho Park, Ki-Hyeong Im, Se-Ho Lee, Dong-Hyun Kim, Doug-Youn Lee, Yong-Keun Lee, Kwang-Mahn
Kim, and Kyoung-Nam Kim, Journal of Magnetism and Magnetic Materials 293 (2005) 328-333
5. “Bioactive Calcium Phosphate Coating Prepared on H2O2-Treated Titanium Substrate by
Electrodeposition” Ji-Ho Park, Yong-Keun Lee, Kwang-Mahn Kim and Kyoung-Nam Kim, Surface and
Coatings Technology 195 (2005) 252-257
4. “Bioactive Cyanoacrylate-Based Filling Material for Bone Defects in Dental Applications” Kyeong-Jun
Park, Ji-Ho Park, Sang-Bae Lee, Doug-Youn Lee, Kwang-Mahn Kim, and Kyoung-Nam Kim, Key
Engineering Materials 284-286 (2005) 933-936
3. “Organic-Inorganic Hybrids of Hydroxyapatite with Chitosan” K.H. Im, J.H. Park, K.M. Kim, K.N. Kim,
S.H. Choi, C.K. Kim, and Y.-K. Lee, Key Engineering Materials 284-286 (2005) 729-732
2. “Transformation of Electrodeposited Calcium Phosphate Coatings in Simulated Body Fluid and in
Culture Medium” Ji-Ho Park, Yong-Keun Lee, Kwang-Mahn Kim, and Kyoung-Nam Kim, Key
Engineering Materials 284-286 (2005) 473-476
1. “Bioactive Calcium Phosphate Coating on Sodium Hydroxide-Pretreated Titanium Substrate by
Electrodeposition” Ji-Ho Park, Doug-Youn Lee, Keun-Taek Oh, Yong-Keun Lee and Kyoung-Nam Kim,
Journal of the American Ceramic Society, 87 (2004) 1792-1794
1. “Porous Silicon For Tumour Targeting and Imaging” Ji-Ho Park (2014) In Porous Silicon for
Biomedical Applications. Hélder Santos (ed.) Woodhead Publishing Ltd.