From OpenWetWareJump to navigationJump to search
Plasmid resuspension from iGEM kit plates
- Check on the http://partsregistry.org web site the kit plate and the exact coordinate of the desired plasmid.
- Take the kit plates, stored in the -20degC freezer. They contain dry DNA with a red dye.
- Take 15 ul of Milli-Q water (from the filter of the Millipore machine) with a P20 pipetman.
- Make a hole in the foil covering the well by using the tip and resuspend the dry DNA several times. The DNA solution should become red.
- Transfer the DNA into a 0.5-ml tube and transform 2-5 ul into competent cells.
- Store the remaining DNA at -20degC.