Meeting with Malisha regarding the planning of the work around the christmas holidays and the new building works schedule --MF Kubke 18:02, 15 December 2010 (EST)
Tried a few settings on the cryostat. Based on unstained check under the microscope, I seem to have gotten good quality by changing the knife angle to 0 - cut sections between 25-40 microns at 17 C. Tried colder but got a feeling they are more cracky, so stuck with 17C.--MF Kubke 23:20, 15 December 2010 (EST)
- (Note: These sections are in the folder labeled 'Fabiana's Slides'.--Reuben Cutfield 20:07, 20 January 2011 (EST))
- (Note: I have relabelled these slides MH004 to keep the naming and filing of slides consistent--Malisha Hettiarachchi 20:52, 3 February 2011 (EST))
- 9.20 AM: Nissl stained slide number 3 and 9 from MH003 . Two minute dehydration and 1 minute rehydration. The slides were left in Xylene for 15 minutes and left in the crysl violet for 5 minutes. Results: did not cover slip so the color was whitish. Will restain with the rest of the slides. Tissue structure was destroyed in slide 3 but intact in slide 9.
- (Note: Pleas identify embryo and add this information to its page --MF Kubke 04:58, 20 January 2011 (EST)) - This has been done --Malisha Hettiarachchi 21:06, 3 February 2011 (EST)
- 11.10 AM: Staged MH004 to be in between stage ST28 and ST29. A dissection was made the wing bud and the rostral region was made into a mould. Currently it is incubating at -17 CT/OT.
Reuben will continue the process and begin cutting. --Malisha Hettiarachchi 18:18, 15 December 2010 (EST)
- Tested cryostat settings (see General Entries/Cryostat sectioning above)
The afternoon was spent observing Fabiana's sectioning of MH004 alongside Malisha. Meanwhile I also performed a Nissl stain on slides 5 & 4 from embryo MH003 (incorrectly labeled as MH-004) which had been mounted on Tuesday afternoon by Malisha. Slides 5 and 4 are currently stored in the slide folder labeled RC003.
- (Note: Please clarify, what embryo did you do a stain on, and how is it labelled and where is it stored?--MF Kubke 05:03, 20 January 2011 (EST))
I have moved these slides into MH003 folder. Thanks for the note reuben--Malisha Hettiarachchi 20:58, 3 February 2011 (EST).