2 April 2009 Lab Meeting
Pressure sensor - quoted $325 SP70A or $1000+ SP70D, returning old one for them to look
- Co. says that it works fine. Transducer up to 1000 psi. We are getting it back.
- Need posters for Oakridge soon.
† Flu R01
† SEPSIS Project
- Need to get Jurkat RNA to Jeff. He may visit in May.
- Integration update? Let's get some of this done before JD leaves for Korea.
- Substrates (JZ)
- Let's get this to a point where we can publish and move on....JZ and CMK to discuss.
- nanopatterned COP provides access to repeatable morphology
- Engineered COP substrate? UPDATE?
- three categories of making new sbustrates 1) ebeam COP film, 2) COP hot eboss EVAP (Luca), 3)stamping/other intermediate method(Bjoern similar). (JD)
- Do Rhodamine.
-Need a size specific positive control. PS beads? charged?
- 1um unmodified, undiluted PS beads give distinctive spectrum on Ranjith's substrate
- co-evaporating diluted PS beads didn't give a signal: difficulty in locating concentrated particles
† Valve Array/Valve building - done.
† Fraunhofer: LOAC
† Biointerfaces group
- Cathie in charge of Bionterfaces Paper1. Cathie has final draft now before it goes to collaborators.
- designing herringbone groove for better trapping
- investigate the stability under different Peclet numbers (ratio of hydrodynamic force and Brownian force).
† CIMIT- Colson Grant
- Cathie read and gave back PCR 1 paper to QQ and MCK
- Qingqing has written the introduction
- repeated test of the PCR efficiency for different designs of channel.
- test PCR efficiency using smaller DNA size (63bp product)
- analyze PCR product for different temperature using bioanalyzer.
- will make figures for PCR1 paper.
- developing large scale particle modeling in full PCR model (30 PCR cycles or 20 PCR cycles)
- Cathie submitted One pager Whitepaper. Waiting for response.
- convert this whitepaper to grant? RCA/HDA on a chip for NIH...anyone interested? ANYONE?
- Preliminary no-valve design for 25 microliters.
- 20 more test chips to Sonali (AACC poster).
- Sonali try to do 10 microliters in the tube
† Senior project
- Test on Thu, Fri worked but failure after some cycles.
- Need to enhance bonding (e.g. Ar or O2 ashing)
† F31: Cochlea
† Silica Optimization (Lambda):
- The following will be submitted monday
- total of 20 channels 10 as negative and 10 positive with 100ng total NA mass. Emission spectrum of negative samples with excitation at 488nm.
- Emission spectrum of negative samples at excitations corresponding to the NA sampler kit dyes
- Emission spectrum for the positive samples split into 2 groups , one with pico green and the other without at 488nm .
- Chip ran with total of 5ng of NA , pico green using the low range standard curve