19 March 2009 Lab UPDATE - NO MEETING
Pressure sensor - quoted $325 SP70A or $1000+ SP70D, returning old one for them to look
- Co. says that it works fine. Transducer up to 1000 psi. We are getting it back.
- MicroTAS abstracts. I NEED THESE BY 3/18 so I can edit them!!!
† Flu R01
- I need an update on where we are in the RT PCR process with the samples (off-chip). What PCR are we doing? The M1 gene, or something else.
on-chip PCR is for M1 gene,93bp, same as sonali's assay.
- BUMC _ John Connor - Cathie STILL working on IBC amendment. Two transportation steps
† SEPSIS Project
- Need to get Jurkat RNA to Jeff.
- Integration test from here forward.
- nanopatterned COP provides access to repeatable morphology
- Engineered COP substrate? UPDATE?
- three categories of making new sbustrates 1) ebeam COP film, 2) COP hot eboss EVAP (Luca), 3)stamping/other intermediate method(Bjoern similar). (JD)
- Do Rhodamine.
-Need a size specific positive control. PS beads? charged?
- 1um unmodified, undiluted PS beads give distinctive spectrum on Ranjith's substrate
- co-evaporating diluted PS beads didn't give a signal: difficulty in locating concentrated particles
† Valve Array/Valve building - done.
† Fraunhofer: LOAC
† Biointerfaces group
- Cathie in charge of Bionterfaces Paper1 (trapping?) ? Let me know.
- Jason promised me add his change part soon.
- I will change Fig. 2a-b (10 um channel model)
- making one abstract for MicroTAS based on numerical results of 20 um channel model.
- designing herringbone groove for better trapping <br)
- investigate the stability under different Peclet numbers (ratio of hydrodynamic force and Brownian force).
† CIMIT- Colson Grant
- Cathie in charge of PCR1 paper right now.
- Qingqing has written the introduction
- tested the PCR efficiency for different designs of channel.
- new design 1 has much better performance than the original one, while new design 2 has worse performance
- evaluation of PCR efficiency from fluorescent signal and molarity is different.
- will make figures for PCR1 paper.
- developing large scale particle modeling in full PCR model (30 PCR cycles or 20 PCR cycles)
- making one abstract for MicroTAS (similar to the abstract of AACC)
- Cathie submitted One pager Whitepaper. Waiting for response.
- convert this whitepaper to grant? RCA/HDA on a chip for NIH...anyone interested? ANYONE?
- Preliminary no-valve design for 25 microliters.
- 20 more test chips to Sonali (AACC poster).
- Sonali try to do 10 microliters in the tube
† Senior project
- Test on Thu, Fri worked but failure after some cycles.
- Need to enhance bonding (e.g. Ar or O2 ashing)
† F31: Cochlea
- STILL NEED TO SCHEDULE MEETING
† Silica Optimization (Lambda):
- The following will be submitted monday
- total of 20 channels 10 as negative and 10 positive with 100ng total NA mass. Emission spectrum of negative samples with excitation at 488nm.
- Emission spectrum of negative samples at excitations corresponding to the NA sampler kit dyes
- Emission spectrum for the positive samples split into 2 groups , one with pico green and the other without at 488nm .
- Chip ran with total of 5ng of NA , pico green using the low range standard curve