BME100 s2014:W Group1 L5
|BME 100 Spring 2014|| Home |
Lab Write-Up 1 | Lab Write-Up 2 | Lab Write-Up 3
Lab Write-Up 4 | Lab Write-Up 5 | Lab Write-Up 6
Course Logistics For Instructors
Wiki Editing Help
LAB 5 WRITE-UP
SYBR Green Dye
Smart Phone Camera Settings
1. Turn on the fluorimeter and put it on top of the table.
2. Using plastic plates,or other kind of structure adjust the height of the fluorimeter box.
3. Place the cradle with your phone in camera mode on.
4. Make sure that the distance between the fluorimeter and your phone is larger than 4cm in order to get a clear picture.
5. Cover the fluorimeter and the cradle with the light box keeping one flap up.
Placing Samples onto the Fluorimeter
1.Place slide on Fluorimeter so that the blue light comes between the second and third hole
2. Apply tip to Micro-pipette
3. Insert tip of Micro-pipette into sample
4. Press button to absorb sample
5. Remove tip from sample
6. Press button while over second and third holes of slide to eject sample
7. Eject tip of Micro-pipette
8. Apply tip to Micro-pipette
9. Insert tip into SYBR 1 Green
10. Press button to absorb SYBR 1 Green
11. Remove tip from SYBR 1 Green
12. Press Button while over sample droplet to eject SYBR 1 Green to eject into sample
13. Eject tip
14. Repeat this process for all following samples
Representative Images of Samples
[Instructions: See worksheet page 8. To save time on typing a new Wiki table from scratch, use THIS TOOL to auto-generate a Wiki table: Excel-to-Wiki Converter. Copy the headers and values from the Excel spreadsheet you made, paste them into the form field, click submit, copy the Wiki code that the tool generated, and replace TABLE GOES HERE (below) with your auto-generated code.]
PCR Results Summary
Our positive control PCR result was: 0.2559 μg/mL
Our negative control PCR result was: 0.0475 μg/mL
Patient 10939 : Patient 10939 exhibited a green fluorescence. This, along with PCR concentrations similar to the positive control, indicate that this patient had the screened-for DNA.
Patient 57695 : Patient 57695 exhibited no fluorescence. This, along with PCR concentrations similar to the negative control, indicate that this patient did not have to screened-for DNA.