Instructor: Drew Endy (endy at mit dot edu)
TAs: Laura Sontag (sontag at mit dot edu) and Sabrina Spencer (spencers at mit dot edu)
Lecture: T/R noon-1 (36-156)
Office Hours: M 3-4pm and W 12-1pm (68-329)
Welcome to BE.180, MIT Biological Engineering's programming course! For many of you this will be the first time learning to program computers; others may already be programming gurus. Regardless of your background, upon completing BE.180 you'll have learned how to solve complex biological engineering problems using computational approaches. You'll also discover the rudiments of how to program DNA, the genetic material that runs inside all living organisms. Along the way, you'll be exposed to powerful ideas that underlie all of modern engineering. We hope that you have a great experience with the course!
- Assignment 5 has been posted. It is due at 5p on May 4.
- Assignment 4 solutions have been posted
- Assignment 4 has been posted: BE.180:Assignment4. It was due at 5pm on April 25.
- Rolling Stone article on Asilomar rDNA conference posted.
- Exam 1 solutions posted. Endy 01:08, 4 April 2006 (EDT)
- Assignment 3 is cancelled; please study the Devices page and prepare for our in class review on Tuesday.Endy 15:53, 18 March 2006 (EST)
- Old Announcements: BE.180:Old Announcements