From OpenWetWare
Jump to: navigation, search
Owwnotebook icon.png Project name Report.pngMain project page
Resultset previous.pngPrevious entry      Next entryResultset next.png

More fun with bacteria

  • On Tuesday, we streaked four plates with the two parts (BBa_J37015 and BBa_R0062) we received from Parts Registry/iGEM. We realized that we ordered the wrong part (R0062), and emailed the company again to have the correct part (BBa_C0060) sent out. On Wednesday we made overnight cultures for minipreps. Today, we did minipreps for part J37015 to use next week, and made glycerol stocks from the overnight cultures to use in the future if they are needed. Hopefully by next week, we'll get our other part and we can finish up our project. Otherwise, next week we will be doing PCR of J37015 with our biobrick primers and ligating that part with a red fluorescent protein biobrick part that group 13 is willing to share with us.