Week 1 Feedback
I will be posting the feedback on your weekly assignments on your talk page. You will be able to earn back the points you lost on the Week 1 assignment by making the changes listed below by the Week 3 deadline on 12:01 am, Thursday, September 24. Here is the feedback for Week 1.
- Thank you for submitting your assignment on time.
- You completed all of the tasks except for the following:
- You wrote something in the summary field 44 out of 61 saves (72%). That is pretty good, but remember we are aiming for 100%
- Please add your full name at the top of the page (the automatically generated header has User: as part of it).
- Your link to e-mail you through OpenWetWare is not working properly. Check your user preferences (link is at the top right of the page when you login) to see that you have it set up to e-mail you.
- For your snail mail address, use "Department of Biology" instead of LSB 101 (building and room numbers aren't used on the official postal mail addresses.
- For your upper division course list, you should say "Bioinformatics Laboratory" instead of just "Bioinformatics". For other people looking at your class list, it is helpful to distinguish which classes were or had labs.
- Under your career interests, add the word "degree" after the word "undergraduate".
- You need to have three levels of headers, "==", "===", and "====". You are missing the "====" level.
- For your list of assignments and class journals on your template, go back and add labels to the links. For example, instead of [[BIOL368/F20:Week 1]], use [[BIOL368/F20:Week 1 | Week 1 Assignment]].
- Note that there is no Week 13 assignment, so you can remove that link from your list of assignments, individual journal, and class journal links. There was also no Week 1 individual journal (the user page was how you fulfilled that assignment).
- Your Acknowledgments statement should be at the bottom of that section, not in the References section.
- Please cite the Denning and Janovy readings in your References section.
- You need to sign your shared journal entry with your wiki signature, which in the code is four tildes, ~~~~.
- I'm glad that the Janovy reading triggered some reflection about your major and passion!