User:Vincent Rouilly/XYZ Table Project< User:Vincent Rouilly
- Kit from garagefab.cc to build XY Plotter
- Mechanical parts:
- Electronic parts:
- 1 Arduino Diecimilia
- 2 RepRap Stepper Motor Driver v1.2
- 2 Stepper Motor
- ATX Power Supply (240v- 250W)
Step 1: Building X Axis
Step 2: Building Y Axis / Frame
Step 4: Setting up Motors / Transmissions
Step 5: Wiring-up and Testing the system
- Power Supply from ATX
- to use ATX as a standalone, you need to connect the green wire to any black wire on the Mother Board connector
Step 6: Arduino, Softwares, and G-Code
- Arduino 0016
- Arduino Sketch to drive stepper motor (from RepRap project)
- Download RepRap Firmware (v1.3) and follow instructions
- Upload sketch onto Arduino
- Now your Arduino waits for G-Code instructions on its serial port.
- G-Code instruction handler
- Download and Install ReplicatorG from here
- G-Code generator
- You can use Cam.py to generate G-Code from images (SVG, JPG, ...)
- Perpendicular trajectories:
- Diagonal trajectories:
- Sketch-up model:
- It would be great to use a color code for the different part types in Google Sketchup.
- It would be good to have a unique label for each part to help feedback (e.g. Letter - Number,like 'D-6', Letter=part-type, Number=instance index)
- We slightly changed the motor/axis coupling on the X axis. We mounted the motor/pulley straight onto belt (see pictures).
- Sometimes it is difficult to tighten bolts that are under axis.