- Redo Atomic Absorption from the previous lab (10/29/13).
- Complete UV Vis for the proteins made in the previous week (Myoglobin-AuNPs and HRP-AuNPs).
- Atomic Absorption
- centrifuge (4mL of your) samples (use the large centrifuge upstairs) 30min at 4000rpm.
- make standard solutions in the same manner as the last time we performed AA. But, this time make concentrations that go up to 50ug/mL
- Take measurements of your standards and samples
- Make a graph showing concentration of Au vs Au:protein ratio
- UV Vis
- centrifuge 1mL of your sample 30min at max rpm
- Take measurements of your samples
Graphs of the UV Vis of the Myoglobin- AU NPs and the HRP AU-NPs. The UV VIS conducted on the HRP- AuNP samples follow a clear and concise trend as the AU: HRP ratio increased.
- Series 1: 230
- Series 2: 250
- Series 3: 270
- Series 4: 290
- Series 5: 310
- Series 6: 330
- Series 7: 350
- Series 8: 370
- Series 9: 390
- Series 10: 410
The Myoglobin One can hypothesize that if the Au:Myoglobin increased like in the case of HRP, the trend will be more easily observed.