User:Trisha I. Ibeh/Notebook/Trisha Notebook/2013/10/29
|Biomaterials Design Lab||Main project page|
Previous entry Next entry
The template for this lab can be seen from Dr. Hartings lab. Values are altered to accurately describe the lab that was conducted on this day. The template can be found here
Perform Atomic Absorption on the proteins from the previous two labs ( [HRP-AuNPs and pepsin-AuNPs] and [Myoglobin-AuNPs and HRP-AuNPs]).
- Before any measurement, take note of physical appearance of your samples (taking pics with cell phones helps here)
- Atomic Absorption
- centrifuge (4mL of your) samples (use the large centrifuge upstairs) 30min at 4000rpm.
- make standard solutions in the same manner as the last time we performed AA. But, this time make concentrations that go up to 50ug/mL
- Take measurements of your standards and samples
- Make a graph showing concentration of Au vs Au:protein ratio
Data collected was erroneous. Atomic Absorption will be done again on the following day (10/30/13).
Atomic Absorption apparatus was running slow and needed to be cleaned
Atomic Absorption will be done the next day (Oct 30, 2013).