User:Rolando Cruz Perez
I build tools that enable synthetic mycology. See synthetic_mycology for miscellaneous protocols and information.
I've also worked on various educational media, such as this video for the Myco-Metrology Kit and a forthcoming comic book on mycology and metrology. If of interest, check out my PhD dissertation, Bioengineering Basics, Biometrology, and Biocivics with Ganoderma lucidum.
- Rolando Cruz Perez
- Email me through OpenWetWare
- 2020, PhD, Stanford University
- 2017, MS, Stanford University
- 2015, BS, University of Calinfornia, Santa Cruz
- Interests 1: Synthetic mycology, lineage-agnostic cells, biometrology, and bioelectronics.
- Interests 2: Hybrid quantum-classical high-performance computing; quantum mechanics phenomena in biology.
- Interests 3: Commercialization of biotechnologies; social and environmental impacts of biotechnology.
- "Enabling community-based metrology for wood-degrading fungi." Perez, R.; Luccioni, M.; Kamakaka, R. et al. Fungal Biol Biotechnol 7, 2 (2020). https://doi.org/10.1186/s40694-020-00092-2
- "Growing a circular economy with fungal biotechnology: a white paper." Meyer, V., Basenko, E.Y., Benz, J.P. et al. Fungal Biol Biotechnol 7, 5 (2020). https://doi.org/10.1186/s40694-020-00095-z
- "Profile-QSAR 2.0: Kinase Virtual Screening Accuracy Comparable to 4-Concentration IC50s for Realistically Novel Compounds." Martin, Eric; Polyakov, Valery; Tian, Li; Perez, Rolando. J. Chem. Inf. Model., DOI: 10.1021/acs.jcim.7b00166
- "Metal-organic hybrid resonant terahertz absorbers with SU-8 photoresist dielectric layer." Dragoslav Grbovic; Fabio Alves; Brian T. Kearney; Benjamin Waxer; Rolando Perez; George Omictin; J. Micro/Nanolith.. 2013. doi:10.1117/1.JMM.12.4.041204